Feedback on a potential opportunity (F4 750s) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Feedback on a potential opportunity (F4 750s)

Hello everyone,

I'm not a MV owner yet but i hope to be one at some point in a near (hopefully very near) future.

I have had trouble with the owner of this bike but i would like to have your overall feeling on this :

http://www.2ememain.be/moto/moto/mv-...235282006.html

Thanks for your help, it's not easy to find those in my country, at least for a reasonable price.

Regards,

Greg !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 09:50 PM

If it is good condition the price does not seem unreasonable
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
If it is good condition the price does not seem unreasonable
82 views, one reply. Thank you for being the one

Well it's difficult to judge on picture and the bike is 2 hours away from me so i can't tell. I know there is some damage on the tank for instance.

Pricewise it seems ok yes. I never saw that color though.

Anyway, thanks for your time, happy riding !
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:18 AM

It is not that people are not interested in helping. It is most likley many of the viewers feel the way I did... There is not enough information to form a genuine impression one way or the other.

take the drive, it is only 2 hours.

If I were you I would take a mate with some technical savvy (MV Savvy if possible) to give it a good look over. Pull the fairings off look on the lower right hand side fairing and belly pan for signs of melting from the headers. Check both the lower and upper radiators for any damage from stones etc. Look for any oil leaks around the valve cover, head and sumps gaskets particularly around where the kick stand is. Oil leaks will also leave evidence on the inside of the fairings. Look at the bar ends, pegs, tank mirrors for any signs of being dropped. I was caught out with a cracked airbox from a fall. None of these things are show stoppers, but it will figure into your price if you need to repair them.

2000 F4 750
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:50 AM

New Site Garage
To me the bike does not look nice. I think that for that price you could find a fully original one. And indeed when you go out to have a look take someone with you that knows a bit of MV.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 05:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Generally, when you find a bike that has been painted into non-standars colors, as this one has been, you will find damage from a fall is the basis for a repaint.

The price is very good. If the bike is mechanically sound, it is a good price. A repaint is inexpensive.

Check the rear hub and the rest of the drivetrain for wear. If this is well maintained, chances are the bike is in decent shape.

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for your replies !

It helps having other perspectives, opinions..technical knowledge is something i unfortunately don't have when it comes to bikes.

@silentservice703 :
So you really think this was a repaint. Funny the guy told me it's the original color and that sometimes MV used to paint the bikes they produced with whatever they had at that time in the shop.

I found it strange but like i said i'm not an MV (or any brand) expert.

@Glenno :
I don't know anyone technically good in MV mechanics so what you told me here is already more than i could hope for, thank you for the heads up.

@Maximum Velocity :
When you say original you mean the color i guess? To me it looks good as well as is, although it is true i prefer the silver/red

And yes the price seemed fair.

Thanks for your input, all of you !
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:05 PM

New Site Garage
Yes, the color. It never came out in this livery.
And also notice the dent in the tank. I am pretty sure that in the end of the day you can find nicer. If you look in the North of Belgium I could join you to have a look if you found one

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:47 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
The 750 bikes, to the best of my knowledge, never came out in any livery other than Red over Silver.

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
The 750 bikes, to the best of my knowledge, never came out in any livery other than Red over Silver.
I'm pretty sure i've seen a number of silver and blue 750s !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode