Who was talking about the blue/silver 05 F4 for sale at SoCal dealer? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

Who was talking about the blue/silver 05 F4 for sale at SoCal dealer?

Was trying to find the thread or post i read a week ago or so where someone out of state(from California) was inquiring about a 2005 1200 mile f4 1000s monoposto in blue/silver.

I was at that dealer today, Newport Italian, dropping off my bike for service and was checking it out -- then asked the sales guy, Massimo, to give me some details on it... this bike is SAWEEEET. Super clean(looks like a 1200 mile garage kept bike) and had a lot of nice extras on it -- Ferraci parts taken off their race/r&d bikes, and some sweet alcantara seat covers, rearsets, titanium header and midpipes, brembo monoblocks and radial levers, etc. Like i said, a SAWWWEEEET bike! didnt snap pics cos i was rushed during my lunch break..

If the interested parties are still in the market I would pursue this bike.. call and ask for Massimo for details -- he seemed to know a bit about the previous owner(first owner) -- there was also another post a member placed in the for sale section listing his friends bike on consignment, similar description.. so it could be the same bike.. odd that it has been on the market for that long.. so ask the right questions when inquiring..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 09:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
What is the asking price?

Gapalicious 2020 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 12:28 PM
Established Member

If I can jump in, the asking price last I looked is $9895.

It's currently on Craigslist and Cycletrader.

I remember some time ago the original owner trying to sell it. Don't recall what happened, but it was off the radar for quite awhile. Then it was at a dealer called Ixibit Motors in So Cal for a long time. They seem to have gone out of business; their web site is gone.

About the time someone posted here it here in the classifieds, it showed up at Newport Italian, where it is now. The poster hasn't checked in here since.

I'm sure there are some buyers that would prefer the bike be perfectly stock and 1200 miles. Of course some would prefer 0 miles.

I like that it was done at Ferracci, and that it is otherwise stock, down to the rear fender and turn signals.

Obviously if I'm that familiar with it I am interested, but haven't decided if now is a good time for me to bring on another 'thing'. I don't like the economy now either, and it seems like it all goes in a holding pattern a year before an election. Guess the years of seeing these patterns makes me cautious. I never used to worry about any of that sort of crap...

John

Last edited by JAndrewG; 10-22-2015 at 12:32 PM.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 09:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink ?

price is higher than giraffe pussy......

3 years ago I bought a '08 910R for CAG

4,100 mi

full MV Corse Ti system

MicroTec ECU

GPR steering damper

all the carbon that exists for a Brutale

LEDs, bar ends, tail tidy ......everything except a Mitch hub

$9,000

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

^i think it's fair money... albeit at the ceiling of fair 1000s money..

but whats a floor value for a clean title one? $4500, 5k? And an average one? I see first gen F4-1000's all the time for $7000-9000 range, and the bike in question is definitely above average regarding in miles, condition, extras and overall eye appeal/marketability.

Not sure if it's there on consigment, or actual dealer-owned inventory, but either way, price has to start somewhere... and thats what id try to retail the bike for if it were mine.. what would i like to pay? $8k would seem like a great buy(and a steal if you happen to like the $5k+ in primo extras) but id probably bump to 8500-9k if i really wanted it --- and thats what "things" are worth - "whatever someone is willing to pay.." brutales with bits and peices added on are nice.. but the F4's are pure SEX, I especially think the original 1000S's look the sleekest out of all of F4 iterations..

Seriously do love this bike.. on impulse, id bump my offer a bit higher if it meant taking it home(im already thinking of ways i could make it mine, but my brutale isnt paid off, otherwise...) My first interest in MV's came from a local 04 SP-01 Viper F4 I spotted for sale(didnt even know what an MV was at that time).. fell in love with the lines and the unique color combo and uber spec'd carbon fiber bits, etc.. it had high miles(for a limited production bike at least), like 20k or so and the guy wanted 9k if i recall, back in 2010 or so..

Last edited by drunkentrader; 10-22-2015 at 09:48 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 04:15 AM

I might take a look next week but just saw a Foggy Monster in Va. with 600 mi. price is hight but only a few made it to the USA.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2015, 05:21 AM

I think if it's "the one" (and it is for someone), then it's worth the asking price.

Noel, what do you think it's worth? If it was the only motorcycle you wanted, would that number change? And more importantly, just how high is giraffe pussy?

MV Ultra Take the ride!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 09:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink ?

Chris;
its for sale, the asking price is silly........lets see what it SELLS for

I bought my '05 1000S 6 years ago $6,800, 16,000mi

scratched side panels and belly pan, ugly sliders everywhere

radial brakes, BrakeTech rotors, PClll, PVM hydraulics with folding levers, CycleCat

bars, some carbon, Alcantara red seat and hump, 48 lbs of spares and service parts

sold all the stuff I didn't want like the Star wheels and PClll..... that paid for a set of

Marchesini Forged Mg wheels with a set of 320mm Brake Tech rotors with Ti bolts

and a new set of Power Pilots........look the price of the wheels up

I traded Carl for an SPR CR gear box, he supplied the discs and plates for the MV

slipper clutch.......a guy in England supplied a set ot Ti head pipes and mid pipe for

$330 delivered......Customs got me for $30 .....1st time ever been charged

bought a dyno motor with 38 minutes on it from someone important in the MV world

still need carbon sides and belly

and yes I have Ade's WONDERFUL CNC rubber insert foot pegs

all in i'm ~ $8,500 with an almost zero miles bike, '07 cases, '09 head Ti valves, trick

cams.......

and guess where Mitch prototype hub #2 is

now I need an ECU

Oh, the guy with the World's Fastest Twin at the Texas Mile gave me the pinout

for a MicroSquirt......for an MV......I have the fuel and ignition maps for the motor i

bought

how high is giraffe pussy ??????

go to the zoo and measure it

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode