Turn in - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Turn in

For F4 R 1+1 owners, what can I do to make the bike turn in quicker? I'm 5'7" so the seat height is as high as I can make it (which isn't that high). I'm already on the balls on my feet while stopped. Any suggestions? Raise the fork tubes 10mm? Where do most have their steering damper set?

2007 F4 1000R 1+1 Red/Silver - RG3, Race ECU, mid pipe, factory impeller, recall cam tensioner, MV alcantara/leather seats. Owned since new in 2007!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 03:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to SANDMAN
Weight Reduction Young Grass Hopper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nothing Is Impossible For Those That Don't Have To Do It!!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDMAN View Post
Weight Reduction Young Grass Hopper.
Terrible bang for the buck. Besides, I'm 140 pounds soaking wet. Ultimately I'm looking to know if any departure from standard suspension settings would work?

Has anyone lowered the front end, how much, and what ws the affect?

2007 F4 1000R 1+1 Red/Silver - RG3, Race ECU, mid pipe, factory impeller, recall cam tensioner, MV alcantara/leather seats. Owned since new in 2007!!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 08:50 AM

My experience is that lowering the front makes the bike nervous and unstable. Instead of it, to transfer the loads to the front, I have raised the back by10mm and the spring preloaded by 6 turns. For even quicker turning, I have position the swingarm pivot at +1mm. That’s for me the best handling geometry. (If I had to use the bike only for racing then I would put the swingarm at +3mm).

PS. I am 1,83m and with full gear 98 kgr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 08:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to SANDMAN
I Wish I Was 140.

Nothing Is Impossible For Those That Don't Have To Do It!!!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 09:45 AM

uh, try pushing harder on the counter steer, and weight the inside peg!

Ok, geometry wise...one change at a time, drop the front, go see GMD computrack and they will make sure you don't run out of trail for the riding your doing.

Is this for track use or the road?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:30 AM

Balls,
You can look at different tire brands since there is variance between brands it will change the geometry of the bike. Look for tires with a similar diameter with the rear and smaller diameter with the front.

You can change the rear tire size. If you look at 180, 190 and 195 tires you will notice they have a different profile (same goes with the front) changing the tire profile will make a change as to how the bike behaves in turn in. The steeper the tire, the quicker it will turn in, however too steep will make the bike feel like it wants to fall in.

You can decrease the preload in the front forks which will make the bike ride lower in the stroke. This is effectively the same as raising the forks in the triple clamps. The trade off is decreased fork travel, but at 140 lbs you shouldn't have a big problem.

I don't see a problem with raising the forks 10mm, you may run into some clearance issues with the fender etc. I don't think you will have a problem with trail.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode