Proud new 750 owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Proud new 750 owner

Dear All, i thought i would make a brief introduction and ask a few questions about my F4 which although an olden is new to me !

So after decades of longing for an MV I've finally got one, its the ultimate souvenir for a year i have just spent working in Northern Italy, i went to see the bike in a showroom near Pavia and ordered it for Export, its as far as i can tell a 2001 F4s with a few qwerks. It runs well at the moment and seems fairly sound even at 14 years old with about 19000 miles on the clock. I do not mind saying i paid about 3200 for the bike with about 400 shipping ontop.

I see that a useful thread of things to do too a newly acquired F4 750s has been recently posted and i will be going through these checks and replacements as i register the bike, all my oils coolants and pads should arrive mid week. I have been doing my reading about being cautious with the rear wheel bearings and the fuel systems rubbers and plastic components and will probably get my Local MV dealership (thor) to have a look over these areas for me. My only gripe at the moment is i find neutral a bit difficult to find after slow speed moving the bike around, would this be normal ? Anyway its probably me just needed to get a bit more deilcate, i usually ride Guzzis which have gears like a tractor.

Any advice or info is appreciated, so far this site and its members have been a wealth of information and i hope to become and active part of it.

Regards

Josh

(pictures hopefully below)
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 05:11 PM

Welcome aboard Koeschi.

She looks in good nick, mines at around 17,500 miles.
I think you paid a far price for the mileage. I to have the 750, a 2000 model.

Now do I find neutral a bit tricky, slighty yes, it's easier to select neutral I think while the bike is moving slowly before you stop, I think the worse I would say is it can be a bit fiddly some times. A tricky bike for neutral once you stop is the Yam RD500LC.

I see you are missing several fairing screws, I have the silver/aluminium one's on the right side of my bike, and lost a couple in the past, either bend the receiving brackets or use blue loctite to stop them coming loose.

The right side of the bike(as you sit on it) the belly pan slightly forward of the centre at the top is prone to heat damage including splitting, can't tell from your pic. See my bike here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...=36930&page=45 post 447, small pic second one up from the bottem, blow it up larger and you see the split.
Also does your rear brake work? If not then fresh fluid and bleed well then use a decent thin heat shield on the rear brake master cylinder and hose and reservoir. the problem being the pipes are to dam close in some area's.

If she gets too hot in built up area's then a manual fan switch is the cheapest easiest fix.

Last edited by MVBERT; 09-14-2015 at 05:30 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 06:38 PM
cus

Congratulations and welcome to the forum, All my MV`s can get a mind of their own when it comes to finding neutral at a standstill, definitely easier as you roll to a stop. I have an early F4 750 and it is awesome , hub bearings are a biggie and an easy one to stay on top of with a few basic tools, always check here first before taking a dealers word on price or difficulty of maintenance, these bikes are really easy to work on yourself with a few tips .
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 10:20 PM

Congratulations! I am another recent purchaser. Mine came with polished wheels which I will be looking to return to the original colour.

There is a ton of info on here to draw from.

2000 F4 750
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 06:22 AM

Congrats and welcome.

Just for us Blighty folks where are you based are there are several members dotted around the country with Joe and JDS very useful contacts to have.

Dan

The power one person holds is not determined by the individual but by the audience who recieves them.

Current stable:
MV Agusta F4 750 Senna 106/300
Triumph Street Triple
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 06:23 AM

New Site Garage
Very nice and apart from the seat covering it looks very original, good idea to leave it like that if its a keeper. You will find issue's as with all older bikes, keep on top of it and it will reward beyond ability. I have had my EVO3 750 for 10 years now and loved every minute, even when it's played up. All part of the charm in these machines. Have fun and take your time to learn, remember its only nuts and bolts in a pure artistic fashion.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 06:18 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up Welcome

Welcome to the Forum Josh......

the 1st thing you need to do is remove the triangular injector covers on the sides

of the tank.....the rear screws go into wellnuts, that if they fail can destroy your motor

replace the rears only with rivnuts

2nd check the condition of your hub bearings, best done with 3 people, 2 to hold the

bike, 1 to try and find play in the rear bearing, ANY movement replace the ball bearing

3rd reduce the torque on the hub pinch bolts to 15lbft/20Nm........I'm the guy that

supplies the bearings

4th go to the 2nd sticky in the "Performance" section contact Adam (merc07) and get

a chip from him, it fixes all the running issues and overheating too, he also supplies

free diagnostic software

5th get a 55mm tapered socket for your rear wheel and sprocket

6th if your bike has plastic quick disconnects replace them with metal ones from

CPC member "gotojoe" has them

7th add a millimeter or 2 to the chain play, I run 2 mm more and am coming up on

31,000mi on the original chain

enjoy

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 03:58 AM

I use rock oil synthesis 15w50 in my 750 and never have any problems with neutral hot or cold, 13,000 miles on her now with numerous track days chucked in.

f4 750
mitchy hub 85
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 04:07 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonyf4750 View Post
I use rock oil synthesis 15w50 in my 750 and never have any problems with neutral hot or cold, 13,000 miles on her now with numerous track days chucked in.
That's good oil, my bikes loved it.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
That's good oil, my bikes loved it.

I only started using it after you had said you used it in your bike. I figured if it was good enough for your track abuse it was good enough for my old girl. Reasonably priced too

f4 750
mitchy hub 85

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode