New Member Looking at 2004 F4 750 SR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Member Looking at 2004 F4 750 SR

Hi all!!! I am a new member looking at an SR version and I wondered if you guys could give me some insight into this model as I don't know much about the SR's? Things like did it come standard with RG3 exhaust, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Going between a standard one and this one.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 12:51 AM

I hope you're at least down under?

Oh, and Wlecome!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:31 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
do you mean an SPR? There was no R or SR in 2004.

If it is and SPR, look in the registry and see if it is there, you might find some history about it. Check the MV Agusta website for the differences between the S and the SPR.

Welcome aboard.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:38 AM

SR is more limited than than the SPR. The SR has the SPR engine in a red/silver clothing.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:44 AM

I bought a 04 SR new and it did'nt come with any RG3 pipes
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:49 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by minime View Post
SR is more limited than than the SPR. The SR has the SPR engine in a red/silver clothing.
I learn something new every day.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:50 AM

Hi john,
i have a 2004 750sr.These were originaly supposed to be the ago.But ago changed his mind when he knew mv were going to bring out the 1000,he decided to make the ago a 1000 not a 750.So mv released the 750 sr during 04.These were not advertised as they were on the market the same year as the spr,and mv did not want to cut into the sales of the spr.The difference between the evo 3 and sr are:Sr came out with same spec spr engine and gearbox,but standard front forks,no carbon fibre,traditional red/silver livery,signed ago dash,gold coloured pipes(standard),silver heel plates, exhaust guard.These were the same price as evo 3 with the the same performance of the spr, and last 750 f4 750 produced.This was the best bang for your buck mv has made so far.Mv dont call this a limited edition(it should be the final edition f4 750) but only 300 or so were made,only 20 came to Australia.Cheers
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I learn something new every day.
I used to....

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Hi john,
i have a 2004 750sr.These were originaly supposed to be the ago.But ago changed his mind when he knew mv were going to bring out the 1000,he decided to make the ago a 1000 not a 750.So mv released the 750 sr during 04.These were not advertised as they were on the market the same year as the spr,and mv did not want to cut into the sales of the spr.The difference between the evo 3 and sr are:Sr came out with same spec spr engine and gearbox,but standard front forks,no carbon fibre,traditional red/silver livery,signed ago dash,gold coloured pipes(standard),silver heel plates, exhaust guard.These were the same price as evo 3 with the the same performance of the spr, and last 750 f4 750 produced.This was the best bang for your buck mv has made so far.Mv dont call this a limited edition(it should be the final edition f4 750) but only 300 or so were made,only 20 came to Australia.Cheers
Thanks! Untill right now I had never even heard of this model. I LIKE IT!!

John
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Nice one...thats what I have heard. If you look on ebay there is one for sale which I am buying. It had RG3 exhaust which came with it. I look forward to picking it up on Saturday. I have been after an MV for many years but couldnt bring myself to buy one. I think it and the Benelli Tornado LE are the most beautiful bikes ever produced. I have an LE now and want the MV to join it in the stable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode