TPS Reset - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

TPS Reset

Q. hi, sorry to bother you, but do you reset the tps with the throttle screw backed right off, ie with the plates sticking on the bodies ? or do you just reset it at the idle rpm ?
cheers. ps. do you have the pro or single version, as i cannot get to set the trim, i have the single ?
cheers.

A. Back off the plates, read the setting via the software, add 2.3 degrees to the setting readout in the software, turn in the stop screw until you get the target reading, then reset the TPS via the software. You need the 5.9 ecu software for ducati. It will work on the 5SM. I'm posting this q/a to the main board for F4s.

Also, here's the instructions I wrote for Ducatis on my blog, edited for use on the MV 5SM ecu.

Connect the VDSTS software to the ecu via the harness. The 5SM can be read by selecting the 5.9 Ducati ecu. Back off the idle setting untill there is a gap between the set screw and the tab that it effects (zero idle preload). Also make sure there is some slop in the throttle cable or the throttle butterflies will never close. Snap the throttle several times to verify that the butterflies are closed and the idle screw is not touching the stop. What does the TPS read? If it reads zero you will need to wind in the set screw till it treads 2.8+ deg and then re-set the TPS. Now wind the idle back out again. The reason you wind the screw in to 2.8 is that the TPS software canít give you a negative reading, so winding above 2.3 will give you a fudge factor. So now you have a TPS reading of .5+ or so (as long as itís above zero). And the set screw is not touching the linkage. Take whatever the TPS reading is and add 2.3deg. So if it read .5 and you add 2.3 you come up with 2.8. Wind the set screw in till it reads 2.8deg. Then re-set the TPS. It will now be assigned a value of 2.3 and you actually have 2.3 deg on the trottle blades. Youíll have to read the above steps about a dozen times, drink a few beers, sleep on it and pray to Mecca 5x a day before it will start to make sense. What you are doing with the steps is telling the computer where idle is. Once the computer knows that, it uses its other sensors and fuel map to make the MV sing. For the 1.6 ecu, you can use the blogspot technique for setting the TPS using a multimeter and measuring the millivolts.

LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 04:25 AM
Established Member

Talking tps

well i didnt get that at all on my reset, oh !! i backed the plates off, reset tps i had about .3 i think, then wound the screw in til the bike idles at 1200 rpm and it now reads about 3.5 i think, is it always supposed to be 2.3 deg ? and what is my setting going to do, ?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Established Member

Talking tps

hi, redid the reset as you said and it worked a treat, mine was on 2.8 with the screw backed out.
cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode