another Paint code? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

another Paint code?

Is the paint code for the F4 750 the same as the 1000 or the 312?i did the search and it list the colorrite website with a paint code F99860 F4 RED and a PPG F4 AGO red for the 750 code:473101. The FAQ page is under construction and I can not open the JamesC FAQ here at work can anyone help with this? just would hate to give these codes and they be different shades. And I am wanting to know if there is a difference and not worried about colormatching a piece of the bike just a general question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 06:20 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Sorry I can’t help you out with the paint codes, but just be careful if your intending on only painting one component.. Although MV specify paint codes for their “Reds”, I’ve found that these can vary quite significantly in shades (even on the same F4 models).. Its some thing to do with “metameric match”.. ..

Colour consistency is extremely difficult to maintain in any large scale manufacturing operation such as an automobile factory. It is my belief that if one were to make a direct side by side comparison of two random vehicles that were painted the same colour, there would be a perceptible difference in colour.

Without being overly technical, Colour matching is the art of mixing different pigments, each with their own reflectance curve, in proper proportion so that the resulting reflectance curve matches that of a standard.

Colour is the perception of the human eye to the way an object interacts with light. Theoretically, a perfect match is possible; however, in practice some deviation of the synthesized curve from the standard is accepted.

Occasionally, the match will look acceptable under one type of lighting condition and poor under another. This is termed a “metameric match” and results when the synthesized curve matches the standard well in one part of the spectrum and poorly in another..

Unless your going to be painting more than one panel (especially adjacent panels), my advise is to take the panel to you’re repairer and get him to match the colour using proper colour measuring equipment.. Hope this bit of waffle helped you out a little !!!

ANORAK OFF...

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 07:44 AM
MV1

Yes- I have to agree with JDS. I've been doing some paint work of some addtiional panels I'm putting together for racing and have found this to be the better method to get things matched up right. Also in many cases the paint supplier you go to for your paint may not be familar with the MV paint codes refered to on the site.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode