Trickle Charger - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Trickle Charger

There is a connection under the seat where my trickle charger can connect but I don't get a light. Then I noticed the extra wiring that came in the box with the charger. Do we have to connect and route the wiring ourselves or am I just missing something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 AM

Check the polarity of your charger. Mine was reversed.

'08 312
'15 K1300S Motorsport

Last edited by Ruhi; 01-26-2008 at 10:33 AM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

How did you fix that? Are you talking reversed where it connected to the battery or someplace else?
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:04 PM

The plug can only fit one way. Since I didn't know which one is the "correct" one, I cut the wires coming out of the charger, reversed them and reconnected. But as I said before, you need to verify that is the case. You need a voltmeter to do so. First determine which side of the plug is positive. If you don't have a voltmeter, you can use a small 12v bulb such as one from turn signals. You don't need to turn the ignition on. Using two pieces of cable lit the bulb from the plug on the bike first. Then, remove one cable from the plug and short it someplace on the bike; If the bulb lits then the side where the cable is stuck is the positive side. Sorry for the long answer but I presumed you didn't know how to check the polarity. I just went to the garage to check if the cable from the charger was marked to identify the polarity but there is none. So you need a voltmeter. Final resort, just reverse it anyway. I bet it is reversed if the red light is coming on when you plug it on.

'08 312
'15 K1300S Motorsport
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:37 PM

Just Got My 2007 1000r. Where Is The Connection And What Does It Look Like?????
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Used someone else's charger straight to the battery. Problem is, the red light doesn't come on when it's plugged in. According to the instructions, red light means charging. Important thing is the battery is now reconditioned and charged so I can figure out the charger problem when I have an empty wkd. My connection is under the seat. It's a two prong plug about 3/4" wide that matches the end of the trickle charger.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Established Member

Works fine.

I just used my charger. It worked fine. Red light at first, then green when charged and on trickle mode.
It is supposed to be hooked up from the factory correctly.

Ara
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Actually, trickle charger connections made by dealer when battery is serviced and installed at PDI. Still, a very easy thing to check the polarity.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Actually, trickle charger connections made by dealer when battery is serviced and installed at PDI.
Are you sure about this? At least with the 312, charger connection is part of the main harness. If it was true, I wouldn't be surprised a bit since it would be my Joe Dirt mechanic.

'08 312
'15 K1300S Motorsport
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Can't say for certain about 312R, but on my 910R it is installed by the dealer. I have the instruction sheet from MV amongst my documents.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode