Coolant leak - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Coolant leak

I guess it was my turn this time

When i was coming to the office this morning i just notice some small drops of some liquid on the inside of the left (if you're sitting on the bike) air tube runner.
I then look futher and realise it's cooling liquid.

Still haven't checked if it's just somehow spilling from the reservoir (which i doubt because it had never done that before and the level was near the minimun) or if it's one of those radiator cracks some other have had

Any tips or advice from those who have had the same problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Established Member

I just took mine in and it was leaking coolant like crazy. My MV tech at the dealership is awesome and he gave the bike the once over and said they all have a tendency to leak due to overfill.He said each bike has a "happy" level of coolant and its not necesserally the same on all. Mine seems to be a little below the MIN mark. He is going to check it a little more thoroughly and while it's there I'm having the Muzzy fans put in. He said the other common place to leak is out of the bottom of the water pump. Hope this helps
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Vegas.

But your MV is new, right?

What bothers me is that i have mine for about 9 months now and this had never happend before
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
mine did the same thing.... i think it is the radiator cap that is faulty..... check for liquid running down the tubes and into your air box, which in turn soaks the air filter and ruins it. mine has done that before..... hasn't since I have replaced the filter, but I also put a small gasket and a small bead of sealant around the filler neck (metal) and expansion tank (plastic)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Established Member

Correct it is new and I see your concern since you have not had a problem before.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Established Member

I had a little pin whole leak in my radiator and i used pepper to seal it. But it's only temp. Take the plastics off and just sit there with the bike running until you see something leaking.

That's what i did... Oh... wash it down water before, so you sould know for sure.

Hope this helps, Rick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode