Help with F4 value - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Help with F4 value

I have ridden my F4 maybe 4 times in the last two years. All the typical reasons I guess, work, wife, house etc. I just don't have the time and honestly I am not as young and able to deal with the riding position as I used to be so I am seriously considering selling my bike.
I have been out of the loop here for a couple years so have no idea what the demand and value of this bike and parts are.
Before I list it here for sale I would like to get an idea on its value so I when I do list it I can do so with a reasonable price and skip all the back and forth about "dude you are crazy if you think you can get that" or " that is way low those go for way more these days" etc

I rather sell it as is than put it back to stock and sell all the parts

This is an 08 F4 with under 5k miles on it. Never been down or abused and because I am obsessive with everything it has been garage kept under cover and is in amazing condition.
I have the OEM parts that I removed even the evap system hoses
I also have many spares that could be sold with it or on their own all of which are in excellent condition including

Nose
both lowers
bi posto tail
tank
air box
shield
belly pan

Parts and work on bike:
Custom made lowers (bike never over heats)
Emoto exhaust jet coated in and out
CNC water pump
smoke screen
gel grips
Bar ends (forget the brand)
pit bull stand
Microtec ECU
Dyno tuned
Shorai batt and digital charger
billet pegs
talon 41t sprocket
integrated tail lights and custom led tag light built into under tail
evotech fuel cap
evo 1 adjustable folding levers
biller reservoir covers
air box mod
custom seat ( I think this seat is stock on a different model but cant remember)
Gauge face and led back light with gear selector
new diablo super coursa tires
oberone billet clutch slave
bmc air filter
Probably more things I can't remember
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 07:22 PM

Looks like you're in Maryland but you need to give a locality so people can work out a price
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 05:02 PM

New Site Garage
Let me know if you would like to trade the microtech for a race ECU plus cash.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 05:39 PM

beautiful bike! I love the way your plate is positioned how did you pull that off?...To answer your question I would sell all your parts separately if youre looking for maximum value from what Ive seen lately high end sport bikes are not such a easy sell unless you're practically giving it away one the age group interested in sport bikes haven't even heard of mv agusta cuz the majority of them in my area aren't real riders im in nj btw and there is a 2007 f4 here for sale with 917 miles and hes asking 11k and not getting it but then again his is fully stock so I would think with all your aftermarket parts that are on the bike yours would be in that range but like I said you have to find the right buyer good luck
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I meant to put that in. Yes I am in maryland.
No but thank you for the offer R1.
Quid, thats an Emotouk exhaust system. There is a bridge right there, I just made a bracket for it.

I figure I have easy 7k in this not including the extra body. If I could sell it all together maybe 14k? Bike alone 12?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 06:34 PM

pretty clever, I have a silmoto system no bridge for me... I think 12k is a fair start but people are still going to haggle that's the nature of the beast
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 08:43 PM

you have to figure the average person is not familiar with MV or the quality and value of the extra parts, so your pool of buyers is very small. I know you said you did not want to change out the parts but if you have the time it would be wise to do that. Check the kelly blue book for the value in your area and figure on selling it for 10% less in stock form. I sold the same bike a couple of years ago with Beringer brakes, race radiator, carbon parts, silver Marchesini wheels for 12000.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 09:04 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
It's certainly a fine specimen. You could sell as is for ~$10,000, or put it back to stock and get ~$8500 then sell all the aftermarket apprise and probably come away with $11,000- $12,000.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 02:25 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
you have to figure the average person is not familiar with MV or the quality and value of the extra parts, so your pool of buyers is very small. I know you said you did not want to change out the parts but if you have the time it would be wise to do that. Check the kelly blue book for the value in your area and figure on selling it for 10% less in stock form. I sold the same bike a couple of years ago with Beringer brakes, race radiator, carbon parts, silver Marchesini wheels for 12000.
+1 on this. KBB.com seems to consistently be good for up-to-date retail and trade-in values on rare and low production bikes, which our MVs are. If you go to Nadaguides.com you'll find they don't even have a suggested price for the MV, stating that it's production numbers are too low to accurately estimate.

You may have already done this, but doing a national search of Craigslist (Searchtempest.com is a good one) as well as checking Cycletrader and eBay will help you get a decent number.

As I'm sure you know, the (US) '08 312R is much more rare (with 150 imported I've read) than an '07 1000R is. You won't find many '08s for sale at any given time, but having been watching for a few years now they still don't seem to bring much if any more than an '07.

As others have already said, the most return will be to put the bike back to stock and sell the aftermarket parts separately, but that can be a real time waster too, so that'd be up to you to call of course. The thing about mods is most are personal taste, and they can narrow the market for the bike even further than the already narrow market for a relatively unknown bike like the MV.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode