Fell in Love with my F4 1000R again - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Fell in Love with my F4 1000R again

Friends I haven't seen in a while Bought new bikes this season . One Got a 2014 Kawasaki ZX10RR and another bought 2015 Suzuki GSXR 1000RR.Anouther friend came also who owns a 2011? BMW S1000RR. To celebrate we took off work ,went out to the sticks/pocanos and went for crazy / break neck ride. My 2007 MV AGUSTA is worked= soup to nuts , racing radiator,race water pump, hub, microtec,CRC race exhausts, race intake JRI 28/30 mm fork cartridges nitro best race shock discantti front rotors ISR front calipers , BRAKING cam front master cylinders,Grip one pro 2 traction/wheelie control ect ect . So its a bit more refined than stock. We rode/raced for the whole day had a blast. We swapped bikes from time to time ,so I ended up riding the latest greatest bikes on the market back to back . I can say without bias that my MV 1000R handling was on par with all the new tech bikes and had MORE bottom end power. NONE of us are ready for WSBK racing bikes like the ZX10R and BMW S1000RR that arnt in there power range until 9000 rpm lost ground on exits in tighter corners . I had more fun on my less refined F41000R than on any of the other bikes. The raw excitement made me love my bike over all the other bikes. maybe its just my age ( im 50) but its so much more fun to RIDE the bike instead of the bike being SO good refined you feel like the bike is riding and your a passenger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

BTW everyone was shocked how well the f4 handled and how much power it had. It was in the mix up front all day . the BMW S1000RR was second best bike IMHO and the 2015 GSXR 1000RR had 4th (last) nailed down . BUT the new graphics for the 2015 GSXR 1000RR looks MUCH beter in person than In pics.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 01:21 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
And the F4 is still a head turner after all these years.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 10:26 AM
Established Member

Pics!!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 06:12 PM

I had to sell both of my F4s to realize how exciting they are so bought the 2009 F4. Nothing else like it
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

HI Quad... did you take delivery of your Kawasaki H2 yet? Very Cool bike , in fact its legendary right out of the box . Im looking at getting 2016 H2. Get the bugs out and frankly when I read the headers run red hot, it put me back a bit. The H2R headers run red hot isn't a surprise being it has 300hp but I cant see why the H2 would run so hot? The Supercharged Roehr 1250SC runs same head temps as normally aspirated engines?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
HI Quad... did you take delivery of your Kawasaki H2 yet? Very Cool bike , in fact its legendary right out of the box . Im looking at getting 2016 H2. Get the bugs out and frankly when I read the headers run red hot, it put me back a bit. The H2R headers run red hot isn't a surprise being it has 300hp but I cant see why the H2 would run so hot? The Supercharged Roehr 1250SC runs same head temps as normally aspirated engines?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Big Randaddy

My guess is Jake is a very accomplished rider versus his buds.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 12:39 PM
Formally know as Drew Kelley

Had an H1 back in the day.....
Very fast, as long as you didn't want to slow down, or change directions.
Had a serious hi-speed wobble issue.
Sold that thing and went back to Brit/Ital bikes.

Drew
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Thank you Randy but I don't Consider myself a GOOD rider just average. been riding since I was 9 but that doesn't make one a GOOD rider , just a long time rider lol.

I am a firm believer that the bike the rider feels most comfortable/confident on will end up being the bike he is fastest on .

I have shocked ALOT of Superbike riders on my Triumph Sprint ST 1050. I dropped at least 50lbs of the bike and upgraded it to the head to toe but it still only has 130 RWHP . (thinking of getting full race cams/heads this winter add 20hp) But being comfortable /confindent I will carry corner speeds that I wont do on my other bikes. Also being Comfortable/confident on a bike makes your riding more consistent .

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-22-2015 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode