Ceramic Coated Arrow Headers/Catless Mid Pipe/ FBF Flashed ECU Exchange / SW Etc... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Ceramic Coated Arrow Headers/Catless Mid Pipe/ FBF Flashed ECU Exchange / SW Etc...

Long title.... I am in the process of my late winter project. I've been sorting through all the info I could find about the attempts on ironing out some issues. First is the now well received high temps, 5000rpm flat spot, etc.
I have already replaced the fins with the Muzzy fins long time ago and I had a third fan sitting in the garage for months. I found a 6.5" fan with the same motor as the OEM fans. I am going to try to squeeze it to the left side running together with the other fans. No controls, no switches. I may directly wire it with a relay triggered by the current fans.
I've talked to Mr. Ferraci today. Based on what I have learned here is what I am about to do.
1) Arrow headers and midpipe with no CAT (there is still a chance that I may get the "FBF Race pipes" or Gilera ones ($718 - $1200 depending on which route I ended up going).
2) Ceramic coat in/out the new pipes.
3) Lambda sensor be gone.
4) ECU exchange from FBF (they have it listed as $615 but been told it is now $849 with an exchange). The ECU is brand new which I assume what eMoto calls as Race ECU.
5) Get the software - you know what - to reset the TPS, idle, and start playing with it ($195).

This is going to cost about $1750 plus ceramic coating which is about $200-250 if I am not mistaken.

What I like to achieve is a bit more comfortable riding if not substantial engine temp drop. Third fan might be help on that department. Am I missing something or biting more than I can chew? Feel free to hang me dry...

'08 312
'15 K1300S Motorsport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 10:01 PM

I bought my ECU outright for about that - no exchange.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:14 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Check out Lee's thread. He has done the third fan mod and the results were very good.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 11:54 AM
Established Member

I’d say the ceramic coating the exhausts a good idea given you have a couple of points in mind. Obviously its not the end all be all to heat transfer, you save on transferring BTUs from the headers to the radiator which is good but you get a lot hotter exhaust pipe back past there. Yes the heat transfer is less but the pipe it self will be hotter. Really in my opinion the catalytic converter delete / mid pipe is the highest single engine temp dropper. Faster exhaust flow less time for heat transfer.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:45 PM
MV1

Yeah I'd have to agree with my man SteveO on this. The fans and CAT removed midpipe mods seem to help the most. An additional fan probably wouldn't hurt either, but you have to watch it with the ceramic coating(s) on the header mainly because whatever heat that is retained in the header assembly will continue to build and carry over through the midpipe into the muffler assembly- displacing itself right under your ass, which will surely not appreciate it, nor will your computer /CPU system.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

I've covered my ass already. Literally... I have an insulating layer under the seat in between the pipes and the under the seat plastic supporting the ECU. See one of my earlier posts with pics.

MVC-RACECU MV Agusta Corse - Racing ECU - for F4 312R (or whatever else you call it) is to be delivered tomorrow morning.
71339MI MV Agusta F4 1000/312R - Arrow - Exhaust Manifold and Mid Pipe is pending an answer from EMoto.
In/out satin ceramic coating will be done by Performance Coatings, WA.
Spare fan has been collecting dust since last fall.
I am going to be busy... And I am sure I am going to run into trouble with the new ECU.

'08 312
'15 K1300S Motorsport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode