MV Downgraded - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Mabuhay
MV Downgraded

Ouch!!! it really hurts when somebody putting me down. and i felt this too when Duc fanatics here down-graded MV's. i want to see them on the streets & tracts running at my back when i got my MV .
one of the member owned b4 a Duc but sell it and bought an F4. but then when 1098 released, he sold the F4 and bought again a Duc 1098. here is what he says -

"ive ridden a mv1000S that I sold to a customer. same as the CC but with less power, it looks really nice, strong motor, but it doesnt have the ducati "planted" feeling."

the other said -

"I say if their 312R is like a race bike out of the box, from the results they get in SuperStock, they should leave it in the box. The box probably goes faster than the bike."

& another one -

"I don't know Dave, those Fedex guys might deliver the "box" faster than the bike can get there . BTW, not to pile on but Eraldo Ferraci (one time Ducati top dealer and race boss now MV dealer) raced the MV in AMA and they had several "engine failures". Maybe they should have brought out some of those Nurburgring fast bikes or the "CC" to run down the Suzis, Yamis and Kawis burning rubber down here. But I guess the living room doors were stuck closed. har har har."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 07:58 PM

Why let it hurt? There are so many other things to be hurt about. To criticise is the easiest thing in the world to do, there is no reward in that ... but there is much reward in owning and riding the MV.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:04 PM
The Machinist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig.Scuro
but there is much reward in owning and riding the MV.
Yes...It warms the heart.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:25 PM

Well, if it makes you feel any better, out of all the bikes I've had (spanning twenty years and includes 3 MVs, 4 Ducatis superbikes, two R1s and some Ninjas), nothing feels as planted as the MV - well, the closes would be the 996 but took more muscle than the MV. In all honestly, asides from the Nissan brakes and the on/off fueling, I think the bike's near perfect -which is why I took a $8K hit to trade-in my 999 for an F41000. If money talks, that should tell you something.

PS: And all my bikes are pretty much out of the box - no mods. Never really been into it.

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 01-18-2008 at 08:29 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Seeing as it the Duke guys having a dig, heres a few clarifications.

Domestic race series for the past few years are dominated by Japanese I4's.

In World Superstock the DucAti that went so well was run by the Factory Xerox Team, and lets just say the 1098 just had to go well. The MV's were very very competitive and if weren't for some bad luck in crashing (and being taken out) would have done even better.Remember 06.

In world SBK well we all know the top Ducatis are as exotic as their GP machines, they have had these liberal rules for years. How many privateers race them?

In AMA I don't know of any Ducati competing and doubt even the 1098 will have a go. At least Ferraci was bold enough to run with MV and do his testing in front of everyone.

In our Australian Domestic Superbike series where the rules are very close to stock bikes the Ducatis have not raced for years, and the 1098 will not race in 08. They are relegated to twins racing and to BEARS (British European American Race Series) that is no Japanese.
In fact there is not one privateer on a Duacti in our Superbike or Supersport series.
With that said there have been a number of privateer MV teams. In our East coast series they have dominated the Japanese bikes and one every race for 2 seasons. In BEARS they have one every race against the Ducati 996,999 and 1098 Twins, so much so they are looking at having a seperate class for Eurpoean 4's. These are esentially stock bikes.
Watching the MV's howling past the Dukes down the straight is something to see.
This year MV will field a team in Australian Superbikes with Kevin Curtain as one rider. There are no Ducati's entered.

Down here they, MV , are held in very high regard indeed as race bikes right out of the box, while the Ducati's need a lot of cash spent which is why virtually no privateers can be competitive. This is a reason they wanted the limit increased to 1200cc.

Cheers

MVA Sydney
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Mabuhay
tnx guys. im just hoping that my new dealer will soon deliver my bike (i actually cancelled my orders to the other dealer because of high price).
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 03:09 AM

Take a chill pill and get over it!

'' Oggi Corriamo''
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 03:28 AM

New Site Garage
Does this not say enough? Case closed.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13858

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 01:30 PM

I certainly don't let anyone else's opinion affect my choices in motorcycles, or anything else for that matter. If they like my bike, great! If not, what difference does it make? You're riding what many consider to be the most beautiful motorcycle ever produced. Performance supremacy, no matter how dominant, is always fleeting.

Are you going to race it? If not, why even worry about it? Enjoy the cachet of having such a unique and beautiful machine.

You come out of corners with the bike sideways like the Beautiful Holy Mother! -- Valentino Rossi, on racing Superbikes vs. GP

2009 Triumph Bonneville SE
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200
2006 MV Agusta F41000S
2000 Honda VFR 800 (RIP ...)
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1983 Suzuki XN85 Turbo (x3)
1979 Honda CBX
1977 Laverda 1000 Jota
1974 Norton 850 Commando
1963 Matchless G15/45
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 05:11 PM
MV1

I'm with bmwone on this one and it goes to show you what I've been saying related to this types opinions threads- "Opinions are like assholes everyone has one but there usually not worth more than delievering shit".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode