About F4 ownership - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

About F4 ownership

Having had my first F4 for about 400 miles now, I have realized that I will probably have to be hearing the same thing the old F4 owners have heard for almost 10 years now...

"Wow that must be a fast bike, it's got 4 exhausts!!! "

At least 4 times now I have been told. That's about once every 100 miles. So that means that if put 10,000 miles on it, I would have heard this 100 times??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 12:21 AM

In 30,000 miles, I never heard that.

I did get a lot of "That's so beautiful. How can you ride it?" Also a few "So, that's a Suzuki engine, right?" but I haven't heard that one in several years.

The one I liked most was "Can I have my way with one of those exhaust pipes?" I told him "As long as it's not my favorite."

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 02:16 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post

I did get a lot of "That's so beautiful. How can you ride it?" Also a few "So, that's a Suzuki engine, right?" but I haven't heard that one in several years.

The one I liked most was "Can I have my way with one of those exhaust pipes?" I told him "As long as it's not my favorite."
A young boy said to his Father " look Dad 4 exhausts, that must have 4 engines!" ... , I just walked away.

The other one is "Its Italian, does Ducati make those ?" ...

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 07:16 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Here is what I get: "Nice bike! What is it?"
"It's an MV Agusta"
"Cool. Who makes it?"

CAG
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 08:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Matty
best comments so far

f4 huh????nice honda
Nice Aprilia
Agusto.......who makes that

and my all time fav from a guy on a riced out R1 with the 4 exhausts like an f4. "I like how you copied my bike" "where did you buy your exhaust"

Matty
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post

In 30K miles you've never heard it? You probably live in an area with a lot more motorcycle-smart people than where I live Yup, 4 times now for me, in less than one month. I laugh every time.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 09:48 PM
The Machinist

I can't wait to hear any of those things!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 03:37 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Harris View Post
I can't wait to hear any of those things!
The waiting is haunting you

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 04:08 AM

A few people have asked me if it has the Suzuki engine

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Established Member

i put 500 miles on mine since christmas and all i have heard was nice bike couple times as i'm wiping the drewl off the tank, or i hear i was thinking about buying one those, then they ask me 5 second later who make this. Usaully when i go riding i don't do to much stopping just for gas, but my ducati was the worst, this is the best one, where can i buy a vented clutch cover and colored wheel (pressure plate) for my bike, i heard this alot from the jap bike riders, then there aways this one, sound like you got something wrong with the bottom end, i try to explain thats the way its suppose to sound, they still tell me you might want to have the shop look at it. i"m sure i'll hear lot more stuff on the F4 when the temperture warm up. WE have lots of people hear in the area that buy bikes just for the cool points and have no idea about them other than were the gas goes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode