2004 F4-1000s dynoed by chance. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

2004 F4-1000s dynoed by chance.

Went into the newly opened Ducati City today, as my mate wanted to test ride the new 848.
I parked the MV right out the front....and of course, MV's outside official Ducati dealers cause a stir..

I just so happen to know the new service manager there, and a few of the mechanics as well, and they wanted to put the F4 on their dyno....I said, sure why not...go for it.
Caused quiet a crowd, as the MV got strapped down...

The big boss came out when he heard the Radial scream instead of the normal Desmo boom, and looked rather bemused to see a Red and Carbon MV in his dyno chamber.

I estimated high 130's , low 140's at the back wheel, taking in the 10-15% loss would put it just over 160 at the crank....about right I guess.
The Ducati boys thought that was a little optimistic, as they ran a 1098s with full Termis and pulled 149 at the rear wheel only a few hours before.

Anyway....my 4 year "old" F4 pulled 148HP at the rear wheel, with a perfect power curve and a perfectly flat air/fuel mixture curve...
Almost the same as a brand new 1098s with pipes

It was difficult to explain to the Ducati guys, that my bike is just a stock 4 year old 1000 with RG3's, and there's 2 more F4 models that come after it....

Vid to follow...

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 AM

I was smiling as I read that Pete, you must have been soaking it all up!

1 up for MV!

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 03:54 AM

Nice won Pete,it might be four years old but still on the ball against the ducati 1098s which is new.And that sound would have been awsome ,nothing like that sound that gives you and ear ache from ducati. Cheers
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozboy View Post
I was smiling as I read that Pete, you must have been soaking it all up!
1 up for MV!
I was very quiet, and humble.....No need to be a smartly bum in Ducati heartland....
In fact Ducati City which has just opened in Melbourne is a wonderful place and seems so professional...I hope they suceed.

They were thankful i let them dyno my bike, as they were genuinely curious to compare it to the twins.....at the start, I think they thought it was the latest F4...with all the custom carbon etc.....

The Duke boys were mighty impressed actually, and a real nice bunch of guys...clearly all closet MV lovers, until the big boss walked in....he wanted the F4 to fail badly, you could sense it

You can hear the boss on the video at the start...asking questions.
Link to the vid below

http://www.velocemoto.net/video/Dyno.wmv

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Nice won Pete,it might be four years old but still on the ball against the ducati 1098s which is new.And that sound would have been awsome ,nothing like that sound that gives you and ear ache from ducati. Cheers
not wrong..it sounded wicked
The Ducati sale girl was going ga ga at the sound...again, I dont think the big boss was too happy with her ............LOL
You can just hear her on the vid as the bike is released from screaming to the top...

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:08 AM

Nice one

You just have the RG3? No deccated midpipe or PC3?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:11 AM

I remeber the day i got my bike dynoed after installing pipes and power commander.Took it to red wing Honda in Heidelberg ,you should have seen the smile on my face when the mv was screaming and the service guys were lining up to see what that sound was coming from.And mine is just a 750sr,would like to hear 1000 on full throlle screaming its tits off LIVE.Cheers
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R View Post
Nice one
You just have the RG3? No deccated midpipe or PC3?
No PC3...Ago midpipe.
No idea what the difference is between a normal midpipe and the one in mine...probably none ??
I just know the midpipe and RG3's were a set that came with an AGO, yet ended up on my bike.

JSM would be able to shed more light....

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto View Post
No PC3...Ago midpipe.
No idea what the difference is between a normal midpipe and the one in mine...probably none ??
I just know the midpipe and RG3's were a set that came with an AGO, yet ended up on my bike.

JSM would be able to shed more light....

Pete, 'Ago's' came with two midpipes, both looked identical except one had a cat and one didn't.............good post by the way, and pretty much in the 'ball park' on the bhp side as well

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
Pete, 'Ago's' came with two midpipes, both looked identical except one had a cat and one didn't.............good post by the way, and pretty much in the 'ball park' on the bhp side as well

Yeah..I was pleasently surprised..
I was more happy with the fuel/air and the wickedly smooth power curve....it made it all worth while getting my fuelling done a couple of times till i was absolutely happy with it.

the midpipe...that explains it, thanks for that...it would be the one without the cat.
Julian did expalin it to me when I picked up the bike...

I remember vaguely that Julian's RG3's weren't ready by the time he was promised the bike, so they raided an unsold AGO and fitted the RG3's, midpipe and chip from an AGO....
Nice gain there for me I guess

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode