You will never guess what the F*** happened - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Angry You will never guess what the F*** happened

So I was getting ready for a small ride today to put some miles on the bike. It was a pretty nice day here a little overcast but at least no rain. I was taking the bike off of the rear stand and in slow motion the freaking bike goes over. I hold on for dear life and slowly let the bike down because it was too late. So I start yelling and and decide it's time to pick it up and look at the damage. It was better than I thought just a few scratches but it was almost to hard to look at the side scratched up like that and the damn bike only had 20 miles on it. So tomorrow I will be hunting for a body shop to wet sand and paint match. But after I calmed down nothing was going to stop the ride. So I rode with a buddy of mine who has a 600RR. Even with the scratches he couldn't stop looking at my bike. Until the damn thing started leaking coolant like crazy. I rode about 30 mile and had to call it a day because of the coolant leak. So it looks like im going to have to head to the dealer. But after everything there is still nothing like riding an MV it's just an experience in itself. Hopefully I will one day get to enjoy the bike after the bugs get worked out. I also experienced the overheating in traffic issue but that was no real surprise. I did have a difficult time getting the bike started after letting the fans run. So chalk that up on the board for the dealer as well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:53 PM

Sucks dude!

Did it LEAK or just overflow? Most dealers overfill the coolant, plus the tipover may have introduced a bubble.

Glad there wasn't more damage.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 09:06 PM

That sucks man! I saw them use the rear stand and it scares the shit out of me to be honest. I have never put mine up on the rear stand...

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 09:20 PM

That Sucks!! I'm very sorry to hear this, I know I would probably still be cussing...It has been raining here so I have yet to take my bike off of the rear stand since I first parked it, you can bet I will be reeeaaallly careful with it...

Tony

BZ Livin

2003 DRZ 400
2006 ST3S ABS
2007 F4 1000R
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 11:09 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80 View Post
That sucks man! I saw them use the rear stand and it scares the shit out of me to be honest. I have never put mine up on the rear stand...
so, Dova, any interet in selling your rear stand?

Vegas: man, that sucks! i hope you can get a good paint match!

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna
2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Guys, the rear stand is a piece of cake. Have you ever put a bike on a center stand? Dova...don't be scared.

Sorry to hear you dropped yours. At least damage is minimal. So where is the coolant coming from? Overflow at expansion tank? Fazer6 is correct...easily overfilled, and as it heats up the coolant expands.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Established Member

Pit Bull rear stand

Vegas,

That hurts me to even hear about that.
My salesman warned me about the MV rear stand. Now I really won't use it.
I have a Pit Bull rear stand that I used on the 1098. I haven't checked yet, but I think the 1098 and MV use the same size rear pin.
I'll check tomorrow. I've used the Pit Bull many times on the 1098 and never had a problem. I would highly recomend getting one.
Best of luck!

Ara
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 01:24 AM

That sucks man. The MV rear stand doesn't give anyone that much confidence, but with a little bit of care and practice, you can figure it out.

When I first got mine on the Brutale, it took awhile to figure out a comfortable way to both lift and lower the bike. But just as I do with every rear stand on any bike, I always keep the kickstand stand extended 'just in case' anything goes wrong either way, I can weight the bike to the left side and the stand is likely to save it. THis has saved me more than once before between all my bikes.

For the MV Stand, I lower the bike by standing to the RIGHT of the bike. I put my hands on the handlbars, I put my left foot on the stump of the stand (the part of the stand on the RIGHT side of the bike), and step on it while pushing the bike forward with my hands ... the bike comes down nice and easy, and then I lean the bike slowly to its left until the kickstand holds it in place. Hope that helps.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 01:48 AM

Ohh that sucks....the stand is a piece of cake just dont use it like one with wheels.

I also just walk mine off (standing on the gearlever side) and use a little front brake to slow if required.

The coolant should only be filled to the min mark or it will overflow (I hope this is what the problem is)....mention this to your dealer just in case it is.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the positive support......I can use it right now. The paint match should be ok and I think the pitbull stand is the way to go. I don't mean to scare any of the new members such as myself but do exercise caution. Im really not sure if its an overfill issue the bike leaks sometimes and sometimes not. But it has only been leaking when it was hot. When I shut the bike off and it's hot it leaks and it just seems to be alot. I would like to think that they didn't overfill the coolant that much but you never know. Is it possible something is loose or does this sound as if it is an expantion issue? I have probably lost about 3 cups of coolant and that really seems like it's too much. I'm going to go back to the dealer and have them look at it but after the plastic is fixed. I don't have the heart to bring a brand new bike in there with scratches because I'm a dumbass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode