Raising Clip ons - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Raising Clip ons

I was looking to raise my clip ons for a bit more comfort and was looking at these https://www.designcorse.com/mv-agust...ndlebar-detail

However Also been told I can swap mine from one side to other and raise about 20mm, guide for this? Advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 07:31 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerzz View Post
However Also been told I can swap mine from one side to other and raise about 20mm, guide for this? Advice?
That is terrible advice in my opinion, I've ridden an F4 with bars swapped over like that and it's extremely awkward and uncomfortable, rather try those bars you mentioned or some of the other options that's available like the fully adjustable bars. Remember that you don't have too much room for lift or your reservoirs will hit your fairings.
Keep the weight from your wrists by using upper body strength to support your weight.

PS. Welcome to the forum.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 07:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gearhead
Fast by Ferracci sells a nice set. Call them, they are very helpful.http://www.ferracci.com/
Have them on my F4, good improvement.
Best thing is core strength to grip the tank with your legs and take the weight off your arms most of the time.

Ed S
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 10:50 PM

If you have a 750 the 1000 clipons have a different bend and are considerably more comfortable

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 12:34 AM

New Site Garage
I've used these, and they offer great adjustability.
http://www.performanceparts.de/en/MV...lar-clamp.html

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Cheers guys.

Its a 1000R 2007 and Im from the UK
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
That is terrible advice in my opinion, I've ridden an F4 with bars swapped over like that and it's extremely awkward and uncomfortable, rather try those bars you mentioned or some of the other options that's available like the fully adjustable bars. Remember that you don't have too much room for lift or your reservoirs will hit your fairings.
Keep the weight from your wrists by using upper body strength to support your weight.

PS. Welcome to the forum.
Each to their own I suppose. I've done it and find it made a massive difference to comfort. Then again, I've spent many years riding bikes with flat bars rather than slopy clip-ons.

I'm intrigued as to why you would find this set-up awkward, yet not another manufacturers clip-on which does ostensibly the same thing - raises the outer ends of the bars without raising them at the point they mount to the forks - which you then recommend ........

You have to remove the brass ferules that locate the switchgear on the bars, or re-drill the bars. I stopped the switches being able to slip by wrapping the bar with a thin strip of double-sided tape. You also have to swap around the fork-clamp pivot pins so they still locate in the underside of the top yoke.

Doing this stops your hands getting trapped against the air tubes on full lock, but the carbon knuckle guards on my gloves just touch the underside of the mirrors on full lock instead ..... Though that's really not an issue (and certainly not as much as trapping your hands as per OE).

I'd say try it and see - if you do it the way I did, its very easy to reverse it if you don't like it. You might lose a day, but you might also save yourself several hundred quid too ......
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 11:36 PM

Kinda with Donsy on this one. It`s a rather Mickey Mouse setup to reverse them.

2014 MV Agusta F4
Moto Guzzi 1100 Sporti
Yamaha R1
Honda CT90
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyk View Post
Kinda with Donsy on this one. It`s a rather Mickey Mouse setup to reverse them.
Intrigued as to why it's "Mickey Mouse"? As I've said above, it has exactly the same result as spending £275 on a set of the performance parts.de bars - the fork mounting position stays the same, but the outer ends of the bars are raised by approx. 20mm (the Max you can go without clearance issues).
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 05:10 AM

New Site Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-Moose View Post
Intrigued as to why it's "Mickey Mouse"? As I've said above, it has exactly the same result as spending £275 on a set of the performance parts.de bars - the fork mounting position stays the same, but the outer ends of the bars are raised by approx. 20mm (the Max you can go without clearance issues).
Show us a picture of your bars like that on the bike mate.
Swapping the bars over on the 1000 inverts them so much that the ends are higher than the front of the bars, as you would expect when you turn a downward slope the opposite way round.
With the bars I mentioned you can turn the into "Flat" bars.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode