MV Newbie needs input - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

MV Newbie needs input

Hi folks - I'm an MV newbie, but have 30+ years/500,000 miles riding.

I'm purchasing a leftover 2006 F41000S and need some input as to what to expect. So far, I've read about overheating problems, water pump leaks and inadequacy, fuel delivery issues, to name a few.

I tend not to modify things as a general rule - my 1977 Laverda Jota (bought new) is still bone stock. My 2000 VFR has a very few mods. That said, I tend to only address very fundamental issues - I would never spring for a full Ti exhaust, for example, just because it was trick looking, if another option would serve equally well.

Speaking of exhaust, I've heard and read good things about the RG3 exhaust. What can I expect to gain, and at what price?

Any input you all have will be most welcome.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Banned

welcome bmwone, nice to here you have the f4

take your time, read the posts, most things have all been covered

cant really say ive had any problems or cause for alarm, just had a hell of a lot of enjoyment from these bikes

hope you have the same
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Welcome and congrats on the purchase!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:54 PM

Congrats on the purchase! Being that it is an S model the heating issues shouldn't be that bad. For the most part it is a very solid bike and you shouldnt have much trouble at all.

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 01:05 PM

I loved the S when I rode it a rental in '06. Damn near came home and bought one. In the ten days/3000km I had it, it never ran hot or missed a beat in any way.

The RG3s are replacement mufflers that externally look exactly like the stock pipes, but flow a little better and sound a little better. I like them because they don't change the looks at all, except for the color of the anodizing on the tips. There are systems that make more power, but unless you're racing, you won't notice. The quality of the sound is exceptional, without being too loud. The intake and mechanical sounds aren't drowned out, so you get the full symphony.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Dova, are you happy with the folks at Bauer MV? I was in OKC last weekend but didn't get to drop in.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwone
Dova, are you happy with the folks at Bauer MV? I was in OKC last weekend but didn't get to drop in.
Very happy with Bauer! Bud went the extra mile with me, I have a thread on here that shows me opening the crate on my baby.

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12817

The whole Bauer staff is a class act. Have nothing but praise for them. I didnt have insurance at the time I opened it, so I had to come back a week later to pick it up. Coming from Tulsa, one of the guys stayed late for me, so that I could pick it up on a Friday night.

The Tech is a great guy that seems to be on the ball. I havent had any service done there, yet, but being there watching him put the bike together I feel very confident in his abilities. I would have no worries leaving my bike with him.

If your thinking about getting one, give Bud a call he might not be the cheapest, but in my opinion having 1 tech that works on your bike, and having a great dealer is worth a little extra. Tell him Chet Cordova that bought the 1000R pearl/black sent you. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 01:20 PM

New Site Garage
Hey bmwone, welcome. I have a 06 S and none of those problems. It was running lean though, so a good set up for fueling is preferable.
The only problem I had was this one:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2580
So it's advisable checking this.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80
If your thinking about getting one, give Bud a call he might not be the cheapest, but in my opinion having 1 tech that works on your bike, and having a great dealer is worth a little extra.
Checking their inventory online I noted that they did not have a silver/red 2006 monoposto available. That is what I really want - I don't care for the '07 and '08 graphic schemes, wheels, etc. Performance difference is not an issue for me - I'm quite sure that the S model has everything I can handle and then some. Price is very attractive on the leftover new one I found also.

I will need to establish a relationship with a dealer for service and parts, etc. I will certainly get in touch with them when that time arrives. Thanks!

You come out of corners with the bike sideways like the Beautiful Holy Mother! -- Valentino Rossi, on racing Superbikes vs. GP

2009 Triumph Bonneville SE
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200
2006 MV Agusta F41000S
2000 Honda VFR 800 (RIP ...)
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1983 Suzuki XN85 Turbo (x3)
1979 Honda CBX
1977 Laverda 1000 Jota
1974 Norton 850 Commando
1963 Matchless G15/45
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 03:31 PM

Let's see pics of those other bikes!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode