2008 F4 1000 312 - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
steved57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Texas
Posts: 444
New Site Garage
2008 F4 1000 312

i am looking at purchasing a 312 - i have not been able to go
sit on the bike yet as dealership is 120 miles away - does anybody know
what is riding position compared to my 2006 kawasaki ZX10 ? more
or less clipped over ? any input would be appreciated by any of
you guys who went from japanese bike to mv - what are your thoughts


thanks

steve
steved57 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Sig.Scuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California
Posts: 762
The local dealer has both an '06 ZX10 and an MV F41000 parked right beside each other. I sat on both, one right after the other when I visited there a few weeks ago.

No doubt, the F4 is a more aggressive, leaned over, riding position. The ZX10 is much like the rest of the newer superbikes today, where the tank length is short, and thus the reach to the bars is easier, more comfortable. The F4 also has a taller seat height, even at its lowest setting. If you are concerned about this, then you will need some riser bars for the F4 to relieve the riding position, and if you are under 5'10" or 5'11", tall-soled shoes help a lot too
Sig.Scuro is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
nicensleazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,382
I would say its pretty much like the latest model with a few HP. Are you talking about the 1078 ?

'' Oggi Corriamo''
nicensleazy is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:37 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 53
I haven't only compared to a new gsxr 600 straight after the MV and for me, being about 6'1 the MV felt so much more sculptured for me.
What I mean is every thing just fell into the right place when I sat on it.

But yes, it is a little more ass up and harder seat then the gsxr.
three-one-two is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Senior Member
 
MV-999R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved57
i am looking at purchasing a 312 - i have not been able to go
sit on the bike yet as dealership is 120 miles away - does anybody know
what is riding position compared to my 2006 kawasaki ZX10 ? more
or less clipped over ? any input would be appreciated by any of
you guys who went from japanese bike to mv - what are your thoughts


thanks

steve
I never had or rode a ZX10, but the F4 has a more commited riding position (more clipped over, more ass up) than any of the sport jap bikes i ever had (R1's, R6's, CBR's), but i really LOVE that.
The F4 has a very "racy" feeling all over
I remember when i had my F4S and the 04 R1 at the same time, and every time i came from the MV to the R1, the R1 always felt like a big tourer

The F4 just feels like a proper race bike compared to a jap bike, and i love that feeling

With that said......... just get the 312 and you won't regret it unless you're an old folk looking realy for a tourer instead of a proper sport bike
MV-999R is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Dova80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 4,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
I never had or rode a ZX10, but the F4 has a more commited riding position (more clipped over, more ass up) than any of the sport jap bikes i ever had (R1's, R6's, CBR's), but i really LOVE that.
The F4 has a very "racy" feeling all over
I remember when i had my F4S and the 04 R1 at the same time, and every time i came from the MV to the R1, the R1 always felt like a big tourer

The F4 just feels like a proper race bike compared to a jap bike, and i love that feeling

With that said......... just get the 312 and you won't regret it unless you're an old folk looking realy for a tourer instead of a proper sport bike
I agree with this! Although I did not have an r1 while having an f4 I can say sitting on the rest of the bikes seems like its a sport tourer, hell even compared to a friends 03 I think 600RR(this seems like a lazy boy) in comparison. I just really like the committed feel, and it does take a bit to get used to it. but when it does man does it feel good.

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
Dova80 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
steved57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Texas
Posts: 444
New Site Garage
i appreciate the input from you guys however by looking
at the spec sheet on the two bikes the F4 shows 31.8"
seat height and the ZX10 shows 32.5" - its not really a
big deal but i am only 5'4" so ive never had a bike i could
touch flatfooted on - i have been riding and racing some
37+ years so its really no problem - i was just curious !
the dealer here is offering $1000.00 of list price of
$24,995.oo usd - so i can buy it for $23,995.00 usd
does anyone here in the states know of any dealers doing
any better than that

thanks

steve
steved57 is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
steved57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Texas
Posts: 444
New Site Garage
hey mv-999 - i am an old folk (50 years old) but i still love my sport bikes
i still race a yamaha TZ250 - so i gues im not that old - dont feel it anyway

thanks

steve
steved57 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Senior Member
 
MV-999R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,383
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved57
i appreciate the input from you guys however by looking
at the spec sheet on the two bikes the F4 shows 31.8"
seat height and the ZX10 shows 32.5" - its not really a
big deal but i am only 5'4" so ive never had a bike i could
touch flatfooted on - i have been riding and racing some
37+ years so its really no problem - i was just curious !
the dealer here is offering $1000.00 of list price of
$24,995.oo usd - so i can buy it for $23,995.00 usd
does anyone here in the states know of any dealers doing
any better than that

thanks

steve
I don't really know about US prices, but with all that experience i'm sure you'll love it Especially after some suspension tweaks

As for your age, i agree that it really means nothing if you don't feel it and love and ride sport bikes
MV-999R is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Dova80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 4,476
Honestly I its the first I have heard of about the 312 being discounted..

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
Dova80 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome