Can the headlight be modified on 312R? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Can the headlight be modified on 312R?

If one hits the "bright" switch on the headlight, it alternates the lamps, but does not stitch on both. The "dim" lamp lights up the road directly in front of you and the "bright" lamp throws the beam way ahead.
What I would like to do is have both beams on when I hit the "bright" switch, so that I have maximum amount of visual area. Is there a reason that MV do this (battery life?) and is there some way to bypass this and have both beams come on when using the "bright" beam?
I would imagine that this is common to all MV 1000 models?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 12:47 AM

It's not battery life but charging system capacity that limits the lighting. Whether you could get away with this on the MV, I don't know.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Also the heat generated inside the lens assembly. I have seen some deformed plastic in other brands of sportbikes from this modification.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 08:06 AM

I used to be concerned about this also, until I had an opportunity to make a long drive on an unlit highway one night. The standard high beam throws plenty of light. The only thing I'm thinking of doing is replacing the high beam lamp with a Sylvania Silverstar. I already did that with the low beam and it helped a lot. It's a whiter and brighter light than the standard H3. The wattage increase is not drastic, so you don't need to worry about melting the plastic housing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode