1st weekend after owning the F4.......... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

1st weekend after owning the F4..........

well, 1st off, the original equipment 2+years old pilot powers have to go, i think the rubber compound has expired and i cant get any confidence on the bike no matter how i adjust the suspension, unless its in a straight line. Since i cant go fast, im a little frustrated, but i hope i'll fly after some new BT002s next week.
Too many good things about the bike, i think im definitely keeping this one for more than a year, maybe 3. It just looks too nice, have too many good quality materials thats put together beautifully. And for those who havnt upgraded to some good brakes, do so soon.
Engine heat wont be a problem, because i already categorized this as my winter/fall bike, since winters here dont even dip into the 40s and that only lasts for 2 days. From earlier experience, determination is how people are riding this thing in the summer, and i dont want to get into more details that most of u already know. Im wearing my lightest gear now in 60 degree weather and im almost sweating.
I so love this bike because of all the issues that came with it, its like my turbo 911 the leaks oil, but thats another story....... and i will be telling a lot of stories about this bike from now on, please bare with me.
Overall, nice weekend, despite the old tires.
Thanks all.

Anybody tried this??? i havnt :

stored the honda away while the F4 play favorite for a while, as of now, the F4 could come no closer to its speed :

Ok, changed to BT002 type4 on Xmas day, the stickest track rubber in the BT range, i bet this will only last me about 1300miles. Initial impressions is that : yes, my original 2+year old pilot powers were junk because the 002s were so confidence inspiring, im already much faster, will report more after i lean it out.

Cant beat the service of the boys at Chmoto waxing the inside of my spokes before putting them on :

with 190/55/17 rears, now it looks phat :

Brutale910

Last edited by johnsk6; 12-25-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 10:19 AM

The adjustment chart in the first picture is for a different shock than the one on the 1000S. See what you think once you get some new tires on there.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
MV1

What pressure are you running inside the old pilot's?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

33/37, i dont think its that though, im meticulous with psi.
i'll have new tires today and will report back later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV1
What pressure are you running inside the old pilot's?

Brutale910
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzardo
The adjustment chart in the first picture is for a different shock than the one on the 1000S. See what you think once you get some new tires on there.
Yes. And i think the forks insides are different also.
Those are for the R and 312R, the S settings are different.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode