New MV owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
New MV owner

After doing lots of research and deciding between the MV and the KTM RC8 for about 2 years, finally yesterday I picked my new 2 wheeled ferrari lol. I love this bike, it definitely has character like a lot of people say. It has a really nice exhaust tone, and I love the look. I don't think I'll be doing much modifying on this bike besides fixing the little issues like the wellnuts, which I've noticed one of them falling apart. This bike has a lot of power too, and I love how easy it is to wheelie hahaha Before I start riding it a lot I want to replace all the fluids and give the bike a thorough inspection.

I think I remember someone on this forum saying that the fuel pump or something in the gas tank can break loose? I landed one wheelie a little harsh and heard a crack/clunk but that just might of been the sound of the plastics/fairings. I know you might be thinking like "you just got the bike and you are already beating the shit out of it" lol what can I say its pretty easy to wheelie compared to the R6 I had where all the power is at the top end, I love having 1000cc's.

The bike has 1,780 miles so I'm pretty sure it still has the stock plastic fuel line fittings - I have to look in that more and find the tread for that to refresh my memory.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 01:14 PM
Established Member

Welcome Sanchez, lots of good information here.

The quick disconnect fuel lines are what you're referring to. They are a nylon/plastic material, and are used on other bikes as well. My Ducati GT1000 had them, as does my Aprilia RSV1000R.

If you take the tank off, and you need to on this bike to service the air filter, then you'll be dealing with these. Use a thick towel between the frame and the back of the tank to support it without scratching. Once the tank is lifted this way, you can look at those fuel connections. The flat metal piece sticking out the side of each fitting needs to be pulled back to release. If you are gentle, they hold up fine. If you were to jerk the tank too high, they'll break. Full metal fittings are available to replace the stock ones if you like.

The F4 is a great bike. And yeah, they do power up the front pretty well. The fork seals seem to be pretty tough on the Marzocchi (sp?) forks. The Ohlins forks on my Aprilia blow seals pretty easily.

Have fun with it!

John
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 03:47 PM

Welcome to the forum. Where are you located?

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 07:17 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum.
Have a read through the Maint. sections for service info also in here is some applicable Maint. tips - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107834 - as well as a link to the Workshop Manuals for your bike.
On the 1000R it's worth checking to see if you have the upgraded (Black) timing chain adjuster, it was a factory recall on these models and some where not done by the dealers, depending on where you are located.
There's more, but I'll let you get on with it first.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 12:54 AM
Established Member

You made the right call matey and welcome to the forum!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 04:56 PM

welcome to the forum man I have the same exact model and color scheme love it! lots of good info on here you'll learn a ton and yeah its def going to be worlds apart from your r6 are you in the US? looks like a 07 bike
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 06:21 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 06:54 PM

you made the right choice. welcome and ride smart. I think you will find there is no need to wheelie this bike. there is more than enough excitement just sitting on it

Last edited by number2; 03-23-2015 at 06:57 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by micwhitt1 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Where are you located?
North West Chicago suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAndrewG View Post
Welcome Sanchez, lots of good information here.

The quick disconnect fuel lines are what you're referring to. They are a nylon/plastic material, and are used on other bikes as well. My Ducati GT1000 had them, as does my Aprilia RSV1000R.

If you take the tank off, and you need to on this bike to service the air filter, then you'll be dealing with these. Use a thick towel between the frame and the back of the tank to support it without scratching. Once the tank is lifted this way, you can look at those fuel connections. The flat metal piece sticking out the side of each fitting needs to be pulled back to release. If you are gentle, they hold up fine. If you were to jerk the tank too high, they'll break. Full metal fittings are available to replace the stock ones if you like.

The F4 is a great bike. And yeah, they do power up the front pretty well. The fork seals seem to be pretty tough on the Marzocchi (sp?) forks. The Ohlins forks on my Aprilia blow seals pretty easily.

Have fun with it!

John
I'm going to replace the fuel fittings next weekend with metal ones, just so they don't break on me while riding. Any suggestions on fuel hoes manufacturer? what size did you guys use, 5/16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidptorpedo View Post
welcome to the forum man I have the same exact model and color scheme love it! lots of good info on here you'll learn a ton and yeah its def going to be worlds apart from your r6 are you in the US? looks like a 07 bike
Yup it's a 2007, in a few spots it says CRC, does this mean anything significant?

The dealer I bought this bike from also has a 2007 Senna but that was $17,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by number2 View Post
you made the right choice. welcome and ride smart. I think you will find there is no need to wheelie this bike. there is more than enough excitement just sitting on it
I took for a very short ride when I brought it home on a trailer, I rode for about 25 min and the entire time had the smile on my face like the Joker lol. I couldn't help but notice how it picks up the front wheel, it seems more controllable/predictable and easier than the R6. Combined with the exhaust sound and beautiful look of the bike, I don't think it gets better than that. Just cruising around too is very exciting.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 07:39 AM

Fuel fitting Quik release ?

"The flat metal piece sticking out the side of each fitting needs to be pulled back to release."

It's push baby push not pull to release ; )

joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode