1000R sometimes dies - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

1000R sometimes dies

so I took my bike out for a spin yesterday and when I was coming home, on getting ready to make a turn into my neighborhood, I pulled in the clutch, downshifted, braking, and I noticed that the bike had died. She had done this once before when coming up to a stop sign but I excused it as being new and tight. Now I am wondering if I should let my dealer know about it or not, or if anyone else has had this happen?

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80
so I took my bike out for a spin yesterday and when I was coming home, on getting ready to make a turn into my neighborhood, I pulled in the clutch, downshifted, braking, and I noticed that the bike had died. She had done this once before when coming up to a stop sign but I excused it as being new and tight. Now I am wondering if I should let my dealer know about it or not, or if anyone else has had this happen?
Dova, man you've been here to long not to know whats happening there
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Well I figured stalling would be different, but I suppose not.. lol I just got power back on so my brain is not quite what it should be. I have been without power since the 10th. I suppose your right... its the stalling issue...

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Dova - how many miles do you have already on your bike?

So far I've only been able to put in about 130 miles since I took it home about 10 days ago,it's been raining here a lot.

I have so far I've had no stalls, but I do observe a very noticable "tick" sound from inside the engine somewhere... it only happens when the bike's moving, and I notice it the most whenever I downshift - about 1 second after. I downshift... and then "Tick!" from inside the engine, very strange feeling. I've never heard such a sound from any of my bikes before. It's similar to the ticking sound of a bad cam chain tensioner, but its not continuous. What the heck could that be

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig.Scuro
Dova - how many miles do you have already on your bike?

So far I've only been able to put in about 130 miles since I took it home about 10 days ago,it's been raining here a lot.

I have so far I've had no stalls, but I do observe a very noticable "tick" sound from inside the engine somewhere... it only happens when the bike's moving, and I notice it the most whenever I downshift - about 1 second after. I downshift... and then "Tick!" from inside the engine, very strange feeling. I've never heard such a sound from any of my bikes before. It's similar to the ticking sound of a bad cam chain tensioner, but its not continuous. What the heck could that be

Only 170 miles, weather has been shat here. Theres to much debris from the ice storm on the road to do much riding. That and on the weekends its 30 degrees, during th week it gets up to friggin 60!

I dont know about a tick or atleast havent heard it... I figure everything is under warranty so if its going to happen let it happen in the first 600 miles..lol

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80
Only 170 miles, weather has been shat here. Theres to much debris from the ice storm on the road to do much riding. That and on the weekends its 30 degrees, during th week it gets up to friggin 60!

I dont know about a tick or atleast havent heard it... I figure everything is under warranty so if its going to happen let it happen in the first 600 miles..lol
I think the same. But all the more I also keep thinking, damn this is a great bike! Mesmerized after every ride!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 05:37 PM
lee

Dova,

Assuming the F4 and the Duc 1098 are fairly similar as far as electronic engine controls and EPA compliant exhausts are concerned you might want to visit either "ducatispot" or "1098-forum.com" (google either) and read the posts re: stalling. I know it's a long shot and we're talking apples and oranges. But they're both fruit, no? Maybe you'll find something of interest or informative.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 05:51 PM

Drop iridium plugs into too...
Mine use to stall a lot....plugs helped a lot.

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig.Scuro
I think the same. But all the more I also keep thinking, damn this is a great bike! Mesmerized after every ride!
lol I have to say it "I told you so"!

I am very happy with mine. Even with the quirks, I wouldnt trade it for the world.

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto
Drop iridium plugs into too...
Mine use to stall a lot....plugs helped a lot.
Might have to do that, I plan on a midpipe for my 600 mile service. hopefully that will help it smooth the 5k rush, and the stalling.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode