MV Agusta Forum banner

Capacity & Oil Question

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gazz 
#1 ·
As I don't have a manual yet could somebody let me know what the coolant & oil capacities are for the 1000S please.

Secondly has anybody used Motorex oil 10w60?

#2 ·
I use the Motorex 10W-60 full synthetic. I haven't had any trouble, and it's the only 10W-60 that's readily available here. Capacity is 3.5l, or just under a gallon.

I did a quick check through the (older) service manual and couldn't find the coolant capacity. I think it's between one and two gallons, but it's been a while since I drained one completely.

#4 ·
Coolant capacity is not in the manual, I actually rang MV here about this the other day cant remember exactly off the top of my head but it was very close to 3 litres (.8 gallon)...though I didn't get any coolant back from the shop when they did mine at the last service and I gave them 4 litres.

Andy (rents) replaced the coolant himself on his Brutale 750 and used about 2.5 litres. I was told by MV the differece between the two was not that much...although the F4 has an extra rad, the one the Brutale is a slightly thicker unit.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, to let you know it needed roughly 2.5 litres to refill. Rockethouse, I think your garage owes you a litre!!! It was drained from the waterpump (useful info for you guys doing the waterpump mod) so I expect that there was some left in the lower radiator.

Gazz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.