Two 2 Cool...big help for hot temps. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Two 2 Cool...big help for hot temps.

Have to say I'm surprised that with all this discussion about engine temps we haven't seen this product mentioned here before.

I was talking to the new local MV mechanic yesterday about my bike temps playing up...it appears my thermostat is on the way out...and I mentioned the impellar mod and he asked me if I have heard of a product called Two Cool? It is an oil additive that is not a friction modifier and was originally developed for jet fighter turbine engines and found it's way into motorcycle engines courtesy of enduro bikes that often have heat issues as they are often operating at high revs and low speeds many times with their rads caked in dirt/mud.

It drops the engine temp by up to 40-60F (15-20C) and has so far not shown to cause any additional wear and tear etc.

Here's a link to the product...

http://www.two2cool.com/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 05:30 PM

Lots of info out there on its use for motocross... here are some I found on Superbike:

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/240606-post17.html

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=119629

http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/240240-post14.html

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/arc...54060-p-9.html

Last edited by Sig.Scuro; 12-14-2007 at 05:48 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

I see it has been mentioned here but still no discussion about it...don't have time to read the thumper talk thread now but I was told there was a fair bit of info on that site in particular the KTM site...I was told that the KTM race team here uses this product in all it's bikes.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 AM

Having read the anecdotal info on those other forums, I'm not convinced this two2cool product is a true solution. It may have some limited benefit, particularly for racers who are always pushing air through the radiator, but I question its effectiveness when riding slowly around town, in traffic, or stop & go situations.

I'm convinced that the only real solution would be for MV to re-engineer the cooling system, perhaps through a more efficient (larger) radiator, water pump, fans, etc.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 08:35 AM
MV1

(cough)-(cough)bullshit-(cough)

Last edited by MV1; 12-21-2007 at 09:03 AM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:00 AM
MV1

I'm sorry- I've been involved in motorsports for the better part of 15years and although we'd all at times like to think otherwise there usually is no miracle supplemental formula that will reduce your water / oil temps 50* to 60*F through magical chemistry alone.
It's a nice thought, one that has been marketed before and thrown around for quite a while, but never really seems to materialize much beyond the standard "testimonials".
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV1
(cough)-(cough)bullshit-(cough)
Could you tell us what you really think?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 10:49 AM
MV1

Oh yeah- that was- let me see.. Oh yeah- bullshit.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV1
Oh yeah- that was- let me see.. Oh yeah- bullshit.
Thanks for clearing that up!

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV1
I'm sorry- I've been involved in motorsports for the better part of 15years and although we'd all at times like to think otherwise there usually is no miracle supplemental formula that will reduce your water / oil temps 50* to 60*F through magical chemistry alone.
It's a nice thought, one that has been marketed before and thrown around for quite a while, but never really seems to materialize much beyond the standard "testimonials".
I'm with you, the temps they are quoting seem way too high to be achievable, though since starting this thread I have spoken to a couple of hard core enduro racers that have been using this stuff for about a year and have been very happy with it and say it gives them temp reductions of around 10C and they have not noticed any product related wear.

Wether these or any results can be achieved in a road bike in stop go traffic where the heat is an issue remains to be seen...if it only works at high revs then it's of no use to us, so until I know someone who has given it a go in a road bike I'm not going to believe it's claims but considering the results these enduro guys are getting I'm not going to call it complete bullshit either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode