Idle & Indicators - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Idle & Indicators

Could somebody let me know where the idle adjustment is, mine idles around 1400 just a tad too high.

Secondly my indicators work when the engine is running but not when the engine is off (both front & rear glow when the is engine off). I would expect this with a low battery, however the starter turns fine and the headlamp is bright, any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 07:16 AM

Gazz,
Reference the idle, I'm not sure you can adjust this at home as I think this done as part of the diagnostic set-up.
Have you got RG3 exhaust and Race ECU fitted? If so it might explain slightly higher idle to stop any hunting at tickover.

Re the indicators - not sure about this - sounds like a bad earth somewhere.
Tont

The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Tont, thanks for the reply, I expect your right about the diagnostic setup, I've had a look through the 750 manual online and cant see any reference to it. It's the first bike I've had that hasn't had some adjustment. The youngest bike I have owned was a '97 Guzzi 1100 sport, perhaps I'm behind the times

The bike has an after market exhaust (Blue Flame) and the chip has been changed the seller of the bike didn't seem to know much about the chip except that it ran a lot better than the stock one, so I'm in the dark a bit.

I recharged my battery and the indicators are still acting in the same way. I'll have a prod around and see what I can find . Anyway thanks for the post.

Gazz

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz
I recharged my battery and the indicators are still acting in the same way. I'll have a prod around and see what I can find . Anyway thanks for the post.

Gazz

Did you find something, or is the glow still there? Interested, as my left indicator glows sometimes. If it's a bad ground, how do I put that right? Clueless around these things.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 06:57 PM
lee

Gazz,

Interesting situation you have with the indicators. I have a hard time understanding why the difference between running and not for the wiring under both circumstances should be the same. So why the glow with just the key on? It's got to be something common to all the indicators and not just one as Tont has. I don't know if the indicators are powered through the ECU or have a separate "flasher" circut of their own. If they do go through the ECU like everything seems to, then perhaps there's a problem in there. Tell you what- I'm going to do a bit of research in the wiring diagram and ECU and see what I can find. I love these sort of things and can't leave them be. I'm a born meggerer. I'll get back to you.

Lee

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 07:08 PM

New Site Garage
speaking of indicators, my left side doesn't work. wtf?

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna
2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 05:58 AM
lee

J-Spec,

When one side doesn't work that's usually a sign that one bulb is burned out. you may also get a more rapid flashing of the indicator light for that side.
Try replacing one or both of thebulbs on that side.

Gazz,

I'd like a bit more info. Everything is fine with the engine running? When you say glows with the key on and engine not running do you mean the actual turn signals themselves or the indicator lights on the dash? Do they just glow steady or still flash whichever it is? Is it all four at once or just one side or the other?

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Sorry guys should have followed this up. The problem was...... If I put the indicators on (they wouldn't come on without being switched on) with the ignition on (key to on position) and the engine not running the two indicator lamps would glow on the correct side (not all four) but wouldn't flash (including the dash idiot light). However, if the engine was running they would work fine. I took the fairing panel off to see if there was a dodgy connection to the relay. I then found out that if I flicked the relay with ignition on and the engine not running they flashed once, if I flicked again they flashed once again. The only thing I could think of was that the connections inside the relay were sticking together. I bought a two pin relay from my local bike shop and it solved the problem, so I guess it was the relay that needed a some vibration from the bike to kick it over. Odd though....

Gazz

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 02:35 PM
lee

Gazz,

You know I was thinking that very thing. Something not quite contacting or sticking and the engine vibes causing it to work. I'm glad you solved it even though I'm half blind from looking at that micro wiring diagram in the book.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode