Blackstonetek Carbon Wheels? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Blackstonetek Carbon Wheels?

OK, I recieved and update from BST about an inquiry for wheels for the F4. Which will be a year if they make them at all. And now they put out wheels for the Triumph Rocket III since the Triumph Forum users asked and had enough orders to do it. Is anybody interested in getting these wheels for their bikes? I'm new to this whole forum thing so I don't know anyhting about 'group buys' and how to get them started. I'm wondering how many people I can tell BST are willing to buy these wheels?

Carman

Senna 204/300

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 02:12 PM

Did they mention if they would be the standard 5 spoke or new 7 spoke that are used for the 1098?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

I asked about the 7 spoke Mamba style. Right now they don't have plans for either. I prefer the 7 spoke instead of their 5 spoke 'swept' design. I think the 7 spoke looks better and closer to stock.

Carman

Senna 204/300

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 06:46 PM

Would be very interested in the 7 spokes. Not to much in the 5.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
MV1

How much are we talking price-wise, as such for a beta test / group buy?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:05 PM

New Site Garage
I have the 5 spoke on the R1. They where one of the best mods over the heavy stock wheels. Not sure how much you will save over the newer wheels. I still love them and people can't believe they are 100% carbon on the bike. Best of both worlds. Great performance and factor. I will have to pass on these I am saving up to get an exhaust, I want a deeper (more lambo) sound. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:41 PM

Going by the figures on emotos website the new forged Alloy rims are lighter than the carbon ones.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ragatzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockethouse
Going by the figures on emotos website the new forged Alloy rims are lighter than the carbon ones.
Hello, Yes they are lighter by a few grams but the 7 spokes Mamba Wheels look way better than the Alloy's.

If they make them I want to get a set of new 7 spoke Mamba's.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ragatzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman
OK, I recieved and update from BST about an inquiry for wheels for the F4. Which will be a year if they make them at all. And now they put out wheels for the Triumph Rocket III since the Triumph Forum users asked and had enough orders to do it. Is anybody interested in getting these wheels for their bikes? I'm new to this whole forum thing so I don't know anyhting about 'group buys' and how to get them started. I'm wondering how many people I can tell BST are willing to buy these wheels?
Hello, I am in for a set of BST 7 spoke Mamba wheels.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

The price for the MAmba style 7 spoke is around $3800US, I don't know if we can get them any cheaper but I will ask and also try to find out how many guaranteed buys he would like before running a batch for us. Has anyone else headed up one of these 'Group Buys' before. When it comes down to it I don't know how to and don't want to deal with the amount of $$$ we're talking. I guess I could just order 10 sets for myself and be in carbon fiber heaven!!!

Carman

Senna 204/300

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode