PCV valve hose - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
lee

PCV valve hose

This is just a little thing but I thought it was a worthwhile fix. I noticed alot of oil around the hose which connects the PCV valve to the airbox both at the box and on the valve. The hose is just an unclamped slip fit and apparently allows oil to weep out of the joints. I don't care for that so I took off the hose, cleaned everything up, reinstalled the hose and double zip tied the hose at it's ends. Should stop it as there's no pressure in the line.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee
This is just a little thing but I thought it was a worthwhile fix. I noticed alot of oil around the hose which connects the PCV valve to the airbox both at the box and on the valve. The hose is just an unclamped slip fit and apparently allows oil to weep out of the joints. I don't care for that so I took off the hose, cleaned everything up, reinstalled the hose and double zip tied the hose at it's ends. Should stop it as there's no pressure in the line.
PCV valve? do you mean the breather hose from the cranckcase?

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
lee

Sorry I called it a PCV valve. Yeah it's the case breather which has an electrically controlled valve that the vapors pass through. It's sitting right behind and below the #1 throttle body. Like I said it's just a small item but I don't like finding oil on the engine and thought someone else would appreciate it.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee
Sorry I called it a PCV valve. Yeah it's the case breather which has an electrically controlled valve that the vapors pass through. It's sitting right behind and below the #1 throttle body. Like I said it's just a small item but I don't like finding oil on the engine and thought someone else would appreciate it.
I'll try and get a picture from the spares pdf, I think you are talking about the EBS solenoid valve that admits air into cylinder 2 but sits next to cylinder 1 and connects onto the outside of the airbox?
Do you mean this pipe? and not the large one at the rear of the airbox?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Air inlet.doc (64.5 KB, 132 views)

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mikef4uk; 11-27-2007 at 04:16 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
lee

Boy do I feel stupid. Yes it's the EBS. When I saw the oil around it I assumed it had to do with case ventilation. So if it's purpose is to let air into cyl #2 why all the oil around it? I should have looked in the manual before I shot my mouth off. But isn't that what the books are for? Screw it up and THEN look at the book to see what you should have done.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee
Boy do I feel stupid. Yes it's the EBS. When I saw the oil around it I assumed it had to do with case ventilation. So if it's purpose is to let air into cyl #2 why all the oil around it? I should have looked in the manual before I shot my mouth off. But isn't that what the books are for? Screw it up and THEN look at the book to see what you should have done.
Some one has probably re-oiled the airfilter and used too much oil it will drain that side when the bike is on the sidestand

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
lee

Thanks Mike. I'll check it out.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 01:39 PM
MV1

Yeah- I had the very same condition on my own bike when it was first delivered. In fact what color was your fluid? The filter treatment that was dripping out of my valve connection was dark green in color. Sound familiar at all?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee
Thanks Mike. I'll check it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode