R&G axle slider fitment issue from Design Corse - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

R&G axle slider fitment issue from Design Corse

I ordered R&G front and rear axle sliders from Design Corse. Their website notes the ones I ordered are for the F41000R, but that paper work with them states they are not. I believe the spacers are supposed to fit securely in the spindle openings to keep the slider rod through the spindle from sliding around. Has anyone else ordered these?

R&GFORSLIKIT Mv Agusta Fork Protection
MV Fitment F4 750/1000/S/R/312R/1078RR All

Racing Rear Axle Sliders

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 08:09 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Rich, okay, your pics are a bit confusing because that part you're holding in the bottom pic looks like a part that's supposed to go into the rear axle.

Either way, the front axle's in both the older 750S, 910S and 1000S axle (Version 1) as well as the later 910R 1000R 312R etc (Cersion 2) have different dimensions from left to right.
On the older front axle the ID's are approximately 36 and 31mm.
On the later "R" model front axle the dimension are 23mm and 20mm, with the nut being 25mm.

This means they can not be interchanged between the two models, and have to go in the "right way round" also.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Hi Rich, okay, your pics are a bit confusing because that part you're holding in the bottom pic looks like a part that's supposed to go into the rear axle.

Either way, the front axle's in both the older 750S, 910S and 1000S axle (Version 1) as well as the later 910R 1000R 312R etc (Cersion 2) have different dimensions from left to right.
On the older front axle the ID's are approximately 36 and 31mm.
On the later "R" model front axle the dimension are 23mm and 20mm, with the nut being 25mm.

This means they can not be interchanged between the two models, and have to go in the "right way round" also.
Actually got the back on, but as you noted these do not fit the front so I must have ordered the wrong front for my model/shocks. Maybe I will see if I can just order the spacers from Design Corse, but appears it comes as a whole set. That part I am holding is the spacer from the front slider in the first picture.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 06:14 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by richd748 View Post
I ordered R&G front and rear axle sliders from Design Corse. Their website notes the ones I ordered are for the F41000R, but that paper work with them states they are not. I believe the spacers are supposed to fit securely in the spindle openings to keep the slider rod through the spindle from sliding around. Has anyone else ordered these?

R&GFORSLIKIT Mv Agusta Fork Protection

Racing Rear Axle Sliders

Hello Rich,

As per my email from your selection for the front forks you chose “All Showa forks” where as yours are “Marzocchi” so they wrong selection was picked at time of order.

The Rear one is universal for MV Agusta so no problems there but the front one you can send back and we can exchange it for the correct version for you.

Let me know.

Regards

Al

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 08:16 AM

New Site Garage
Oh Rich, you got that way wrong.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Oh Rich, you got that way wrong.
Didn't even notice the second drop down menu on the site, just the first menu noting for F41000R and ordered, oh well easy fix.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 04:12 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Didn't even notice the second drop down menu on the site, just the first menu noting for F41000R and ordered, oh well easy fix.
Hahaha, you're not the first to make such a mistake Rich, and probably not the last, don't ask me how I know

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 03:15 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Thumbs up

Quote:
No worries Rich, i will throw some Fairing stickers in for you mate.

Regards

Al

T: +44 (0) 1582 840 024

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode