New MV Owner. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New MV Owner.

After a few years of procrastination,getting gazumped on sales several times,and frustration due to the tyranny of distance,I have finally bought my first MVAgusta.

I placed a deposit this morning on a 312R.It's just beautiful!! They look much better in the flesh,so to speak,than on the net.They just don't make bikes to this standard anymore.The attention to detail is incredible.But I know I am preaching to the converted here.

It has taken a while to get a good one,but patience has seemed to have paid off.Only,1,400 kilometres,with all the books,brochures,sales receipts and rear stand.Not a scratch or stone chip.It even has the tyre nipples on the front tyre.

Just waiting for it to stop raining to get her home.

Now,about that overheating issue.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 06:22 PM
Established Member

Congratulations and welcome aboard. Where are you from and what are weather temperatures you'll be riding in?. This could have a say in whether you need to do anything. I'm from Melbourne, Australia, and ride an 07 312 R in 30- 36 degree weather, and don't have an issue. The bike will get hot standing idle at traffic lights, but once we get moving again, it settles back down.
Enjoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It was a woman that drove me to drink,I still hav'nt thanked her!!!!!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 06:59 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
The overheating issue is fairly easy to fix, or at least mitigate. Lots of threads on how to do it.

The one that makes the most sense to me is drawing more air through the radiator. i.e., a third fan.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 08:21 PM

the amount of heating is dependent on the amount of time you spend stopped. I have owned 3 F4s and have done numerous mods for the heating problems up to putting on a new superbike radiator. Bottom line is don't ride in stop and go traffic and you should not have a problem. Get it out on the open road and enjoy. If you get the itch to remedy the heating problem look at all the posts and do like CAG said, add a new fan.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks guys.I didn't intend this to be another F4 overheating thread.I've been reading about it on here for the last few years.I was just being a bit cheeky.I'll get that issue sorted anyway,if it actually does become an issue.
The most important thing at the moment is "taking delivery".I refuse to ride it home in the rain,as you could imagine.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 09:35 PM

Hi EmVee,

Welcome to the club. Please update your registry (hint) and location, so we can all serve you better.
Aside from the radiator and impeller fix you could also consider an upgraded ECU which kicks in the fan earlier, so things never get too hot. I've got all fixes known to mankind and even rode my bike in Atlanta (hotlanta). Never had an issue, even in the horrendous Atlanta traffic jams.
Again - welcome and let us know how we can help.

Yves
Fort Worth, TX
Bend, OR

2010 Ducati 1198R Corse LE
2008 MV F4 312R (RG3, X-Bikes ECU,...)
2005 Ducati 999S
2004 Ducati 998S Final Edition
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I pick it up tomorrow.Did these bikes come with a battery charger and MV branded bike cover when purchased new from the dealer.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 04:04 AM

No way am I going to keep my bike under an MV branded cover. That just screams "Please steal me"

One of the points of a cover is to detract away from the appeal of the bike imo
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 05:15 AM

battery tender yes. Cover no
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for your advice,Kageira. The people I associate with,and are allowed onto my property,are not the type of people that thieve motorcycles.So the cover branding wont be an issue.
But I do understand where you are coming from.I have always wondered why privateer racers and club day riders advertise on the sides of their enclosed trailers.I have seen plenty of those trailers broken into at motels around the country.Some thieves even follow those trailers home.

Last edited by EmVee; 01-30-2015 at 06:07 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode