Mv Agusta F4 Good First Bike? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Mv Agusta F4 Good First Bike?

Hey guys and gals the name is nathan. i about two months ago joined the mv agusta.net on october 23 ,2007 purchased my mv agusta ( immaculate 2002 mv agusta f4 strada "diamante" 750 mono ,not 1+1) less than 1,900 miles on it for about 12,500 usd. i live in the usa texas dallas to be exact . OKAY HERE IS THE HONEST TRUTH AND CONCERNS I HAVE PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE. Im currently 22 male straigt (not that it matters). Anyways i have absolutely NO motorcyle driving nor maitenance experience whatsoever at all other than what ive seen and read. (please keep in mind that the bike has been bought so there no turning back now). you may be asking yourself if ive riden it around the block, road, or empty parking lot the answer to that is NO. I have however turned it on and sat on it (Lame I Know). the truth is im a very calmed relaxed person so ill ride it when the time is right . next month in december i will be taking a motorcycle driving course to better prepare myself ive bought a battery tender and motorcycle cover for it. ive maid countless RESEARCH before and after the bike . Was getting a candy red 2007 r1 but dealers and people told me it was suicide and full coverage insurance at my age with no bad history no lying was a little over $8,000 for a daytona 675 $3,500 and for my PRECIOUS MV to be exact ($2126.00). one major cocern i have is that i weight roughly around 137 lbs and the bike well yall know. WELL WOULD REALLY LIKE FEEDBACK FROM ALL OF YALL WHETEVER IT BE TIPS, POINTERS, COMMENTS , CRITIZING ALSO WELCOMED. i know its alot of bike but.... . One more more thing you can watch a crummy video i posted on youtube type in ( mv agusta strada ) and it should pop up . will post more thanks to all and safe riding God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:45 PM

Congrats on the bike, as for the advice, I am clueless, because I myself am yet to ride a bike. I will probably start with an 85cc, move up to a 250, and after time to a 600. I would never start on an MV, but that's just me (I'm not going to say it can't be done, because I'm sure it can).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Established Member

The safety course is a good idea! I however learned on a dirt bike as a kid thru my teens. Got a streetbike at around 20(amazed im still here),sold it shortly after and didn't start again til i was 30. When I started riding again it was mostly backroads and parking lot(about 3 months worth)til I really got comfortable. Even now 5 yrs later i still have alot to learn so take the class and take it slow...you have an incredible machine,good luck and congrats!

When you do get out and about come on up to Altus,OK and I'll show you life in the SLOW lane! LOL
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:49 PM

My advice:

Get a small bike and learn to ride. Once you know how to ride reasonably well, take an advanced riding course at a race track.

The MV behaves wonderfully and does exactly what you tell it. Until you can tell it precisely what you want, it won't be any fun, and can easily put you on your head. That, and the first inevitable tipover or minor spill will cost you thousands.

There are many decent starter bikes, but here's a few suggestions:

Kawasaki Ninja 250 - don't laugh: they're not powerful, but you'll be able to learn good cornering technique
Suzuki GS 500 - low tech, controllable, yet still capable

Here are two that are decent as-is, but with some work can be made quite entertaining:
Kawasaki Ninja 500 (also known as EX-500)
Suzuki SV 650

Welcome to the MV community. I hope your stay is long and enjoyable.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:51 PM
The Machinist

Congrats and nice bike!

I highly recommend the the safety class. Best money I have ever spent on or for a motorcycle. Plus you should get insurance benefits from taking it as well. Go at your own pace and don't worry what everybody else is riding like.

But most of all HAVE FUN!!!
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
The Machinist

+1 Lizzardo that new Kawi 250 is nice!
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Harris
+1 Lizzardo that new Kawi 250 is nice!
I have my eyes on the previous generation one (the zzr looking one). I tried sitting on one about a month ago, and it fit me perfectly (I'm 5'5", and I could touch the floor with one foot completely flat, and the other slightly less than flat). I was told that since I have no experience with motorcycle riding, I should first start with something like an 85cc, so that's probably what I will do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 PM

Like buying three bikes in one. It's a marvelous first bike. Could be a great last bike as well. Maybe your only bike, too. Good luck.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 10:05 PM

I'd start with a GSXR1000 or an R1. Good first bikes. Make sure you wear shorts and a t-shirt with flip-flops. Try and go as fast as you can.
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 PM
The Machinist

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode