Dope of the week award - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
lee

Dope of the week award

After having the Tambo for a week, and being busy on other bikes, I decided to roll it out and fiddle with it yesterday. Came with a nice little rear stand which is rather awkward to use when single handing. I checked the kickstand down and fwd, put a foot against the stand and started rocking it forward. Up and over the stand she came with nary a hitch. So I let it go over onto the kickstand. You know what's coming, wait for it, wait- It's now over at a pretty good angle but I knew that the stand was at a rather sharp angle so ease her on over, a little more, boy this thing's getting a little heavy, where's that damned kickstand, and then in a split second comes the realization that it's gone too far, and I can't stop it. Too late for that so now hang on and please Lord don't let it go down hard. I feel the right side of my back go but T.S. save the BIKE and screw the back. And slowly but sure down she goes. Elizabeth Taylor in CF and gold laying there on the floor. F#$% S*&*. Stand there staring in disbelief and try to get it back up. Just exactly where does one grab something that is all rounded and smooth and covered with CF panels? Holler for my wife (105 lbs- oughta be a big help), more S&*^ F#[email protected] and somehow we got it back up, my trashed back notwithstanding. You ready for this? Not a scratch or ding anywhere. Must have rested on the bar end and footpeg plus it went down slow. Just ask my aforementioned back. My good deed box is definitely empty now. All used up for this one.

I think what happened is that in the process of rocking the bike off that worthless little rear stand the kickstand must have touched and moved aft enough to overcenter it to the rear and it simply folded up. Rest assured I'll straighten that situation out as the stand is touchy to begin with and allows the bike to lean over at a terrible angle. Fortunately my rear stand for the Duc 1098 fits the MV exactly so I won't have to buy another.

If you're going to comment I would much prefer that you laugh and call me a moron as opposed to the usual "bummer", "sorry to hear that" etc. After all it is funny, after the fact.

Lee

P.S. John, I'm sorry. Your sweetie is just fine.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 02:55 PM

Lee,

Not to be brutal, but when I read the title your name came to mind. But seeing that you have already nominated yourself, I am GLAD no harm was done to your mistress.

Bag the rear stand it comes with and get a PITBULL.

I wish you better luck in the future.

Peter
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 02:56 PM

lucky boy!!!!
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 03:02 PM

nice...shouldn't the title be "Lucky Bastard of the Week"???
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 03:34 PM

You live and learn, the good lord was looking down on you that day!

'' Oggi Corriamo''
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 PM

I did the exact same thing, only it fell AWAY from me, to the right side--Minimal damage and a fubar'd back.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
lee

AF and Reo,

That bad eh? Geez, I've gotta' work on my image.

I got mine. Boy do I ever got mine.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 04:42 PM

Meat head

Oh well, shit happens......

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee
If you're going to comment I would much prefer that you laugh and call me a moron as opposed to the usual "bummer", "sorry to hear that" etc. After all it is funny, after the fact.

Lee

P.S. John, I'm sorry. Your sweetie is just fine.
ya moron!!........bummer though....... .....sorry to hear that!!!!
Tont

The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee
If you're going to comment I would much prefer that you laugh and call me a moron.....
Wait a minute....you are the owner of a Tambo, right? You're not a moron. Like most of us, I'm just envious....

The undeniable fact about motorcycles, and riding motorcycles, is that they occasionally fall down. As for me, I understand this, accept this, and don't sweat the small stuff. Enjoy your scoot!

Again, you are not a moron.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode