Help needed on repairing T1 exhaust - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Exclamation Help needed on repairing T1 exhaust

Hi Guys,

I have the opportunity to get a T1 for a good price but it has a dent in one of the organ pipes.

Solving this problem would be very easy with a new organ pipe, but my dealers says it not possible to get this as a spare part with a set of revits.

I asked if it's possible to sent the exhaust back to MV to change the pipe with a new one. This is aswell impossible.

Does anyone had to same problem and this solved trough some contacts that are able to help me with this?

would it maybe be possible to get the dent out without seeing there has ever been one?

Any advise or help, is much appreciated!!
Attached Images

With your Mind Power, determination, your instinct and the expierence aswell, you can fly very high! "Ayrton Senna"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 04:28 PM

Can't you just unmount the dented tip and send it to someone who can repair it?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
Can't you just unmount the dented tip and send it to someone who can repair it?
Don't know anyone who can do this. A local bodywork repairder said: I've never done this but I can try. Before I decide to let do this I want to be sure it's done probalby. And it doesnt get worse as it is now.

Therefor I ask if anyone could help on this.

With your Mind Power, determination, your instinct and the expierence aswell, you can fly very high! "Ayrton Senna"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 05:15 PM

you need to contact a local shop that specializes in "paintless dent repair"
they usually work on car door dings, hail damage etc....anything where the paint is still intact. Unless its creased, they can usually do a pretty good job. I have used some in the past with very good results, ....they work from the inside of the metal, so the sleeve needs to come off.

check under auto body repair in your yellow pages

A gun is not a weapon. It's a tool, like a butcher's knife, or a harpoon, or an alligator.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 07:53 PM
lee

I would find someone who works with metal forming or sheet metal. I would also try to find an older fellow who is skilled in the old ways. Take the pipe to him and ask what he thinks. If he says he can do it then remove the dented piece and let him work it. You will never get it looking brand new but some of the older metalworkers can just do wonders.

Lee
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 01:01 AM
Established Member

Contact "Pacific Crest Pipe Repair", I am sending them a head pipe I damaged loading my Brutale into a trailer. http://www.piperepair.com/index.htm
Edgar
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:03 AM
lee

I thought of another solution to your problem. Assuming the two outside tips are identical (they should be as I'm sure they're machine formed) why not just swap the two? All it would involve would be drilling out the rivets and removing both and then riveting them to the opposite side. Worst case scenario would be that the holes don't line up in which case you'd have redrill the holes in the section that the tips mount to. You'd lose the word Titanium showing but to me that's better than looking at the dent which would then be underneath and toward the inside. Unless you just can't stand the dent regardless of where it is. Those tips are nothing more than little glass packs and swapping them wouldn't affect performance at all.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 PM

i don't believe that will work due to the shape of the tips. maybe if you turned it upside down, but i don't think it's worth it. remove and have someone work the dent out, then reinstall and be happy. especially if you got a real good deal on the entire set of pipes!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 05:41 PM

New Site Garage
just send them to me I will suffer with the dent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode