F4 750 cc 2000 Model - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
FAB

Smile F4 750 cc 2000 Model

G'day everyone

I bought an F4 750 cc 2000 Model, after my purchase i decided to take my bike to the Mechanic for a Dyno tune and power commander, after all the mods were done i started having stalling issues when having to stop at traffic lights? i took the bike back and they have not yet been able to resolve the issue. They looked at the TPS and info posted on this site which was great but no joy still having the same problem. The mechanic has tried everything and he has been dealing with these for a long time and apparently a few other pepole have had this issue. This only seems to happen with 2000 models and i even replaced the electric system (the box under seat) still no joy. I could put up with it but i dont think i should have to. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions other than what has allready been discussed in these forums. Thanking all in advance for help.

cheers FAB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 02:24 AM

Welcome to the forum FAB and congrats on the bike.

Sorry to hear about the stalling, if you've done the plugs, TPS and CO...then I'm done but maybe some of the more mechanically minded here can offer some help.

When is it stalling?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
FAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockethouse
Welcome to the forum FAB and congrats on the bike.

Sorry to hear about the stalling, if you've done the plugs, TPS and CO...then I'm done but maybe some of the more mechanically minded here can offer some help.

When is it stalling?
Thanks for the welcome message Rockethouse

It stalls when i stop at Traffic lights unless i rev it of course but i dont like the idea of doing that all the time because its anoying, i wish i had known about these issues before i bought this model.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB
Thanks for the welcome message Rockethouse

It stalls when i stop at Traffic lights unless i rev it of course but i dont like the idea of doing that all the time because its anoying, i wish i had known about these issues before i bought this model.
Welcome!

I had a 2000 model for 4 years or so, stalling was never an issue at all UNLESS it had the MV Corse chip in that was supplied with my new SPR headers, I simply refitted the std chip.

I'm guessing here that you mechanic may not be familliar with the MV?

Have a look here:
http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/12/tu...-throttle.html
maybe he could set it like this?

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
FAB

Thank you very much Mikef4uk for the welcoming message.

You have raised a good point and generally speaking i would agree as these machines are not common place but this mechanic has been working strictly on Ducati for the past 20 years and MV Agusta since 2000 and he is a dealer for MV as well as having quite a few MV Agusta customers and we are all scratching our heads. The Chip is a standard chip and we even swapped chips from one MV to another and it works for a bit and then same problem??? I dont know mate its driving me nuts

cheers Fab

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 06:45 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome Aboard! I had the same problem with my 1098. It was way too lean at idle. This may not be the same on the MV but using an exaust gas analyzer you should be able to tell. It a place to start anyway.

CAG
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Established Member

i had that proble for the first time on my 2000 model this summer. i took it to my mechanic(who turns wrenches for ferracci race team) and it was my tps it was 7 degrees off. the only other times my bike has stalled was when it is cold and hasnt been started in awhile. you may try a ferracci emprom chip
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
FAB

Thank you both CAG and Morgan for replies it is so appreaciated and welcomed its nice to be part of a discussion forum where pepole help each other out. I will mention both suggestions to my mechanic allthough he has probably tried these its worth a mention you never know. keep them coming boys everything and anything helps.

cheers Fab

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB
Thank you very much Mikef4uk for the welcoming message.

You have raised a good point and generally speaking i would agree as these machines are not common place but this mechanic has been working strictly on Ducati for the past 20 years and MV Agusta since 2000 and he is a dealer for MV as well as having quite a few MV Agusta customers and we are all scratching our heads. The Chip is a standard chip and we even swapped chips from one MV to another and it works for a bit and then same problem??? I dont know mate its driving me nuts
Ok.... Idle co needs to be around the 3.5% as a minimum, also check that the throttle return cable is not trying to shut the throttles when the twist grip is turned to the stop, make sure there is a little play there, I adjusted mine a little tight once and my bike did stall a few times before I sussed it

Early 1000's ahad a stalling issue that was fixed by Iridium spark plugs, again the exact plug spec is on the FAQ web site mentioned earlier, the fix came from Goggi himself

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
FAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
Ok.... Idle co needs to be around the 3.5% as a minimum, also check that the throttle return cable is not trying to shut the throttles when the twist grip is turned to the stop, make sure there is a little play there, I adjusted mine a little tight once and my bike did stall a few times before I sussed it

Early 1000's ahad a stalling issue that was fixed by Iridium spark plugs, again the exact plug spec is on the FAQ web site mentioned earlier, the fix came from Goggi himself
Thanks for that mate, it also appears as though my mechanic has found what could be wrong so i will know definetly tomorrow and he will let me know how he fixed it and if its something that has not been posted yet i will be sure to post a thread with details so it can help others that may have this misfortune in future. This site and its members rock !

cheers Fab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode