powercommander ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thumbs up powercommander ?

has anyone fitted a commander with std exhausts and ecu ? if so is it a worthwhile mod making the fueling better on an f4r 312 ? im intending to remove the cat over winter as well ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickybunn
has anyone fitted a commander with std exhausts and ecu ? if so is it a worthwhile mod making the fueling better on an f4r 312 ? im intending to remove the cat over winter as well ?
The Powercommander will only be effective at rpm/throttle values where the stock ECU is in open loop operation. In closed loop, the ECU reads the sensor in the exhaust and adjusts the mixture. If you richen the mixture there with a PC, the ECU will counteract that change. Someone mentioned in another thread that it goes to open loop above 4000 rpm, but I can't confirm that.

Is it worthwhile? I'd say probably not until you do some other work.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Wink fueling

if it only fixes fuelling above a certain rpm, how can you partly or totaly get rid of the response when you first open the throttle ? ive done the spring mod, its made it better, but is there any thing else to cure it, does getting rid of the cat do this ? its annoying.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
if it only fixes fuelling above a certain rpm, how can you partly or totaly get rid of the response when you first open the throttle ? ive done the spring mod, its made it better, but is there any thing else to cure it, does getting rid of the cat do this ? its annoying.
Do you mean the power surge from about 3500-5000 rpm? I don't know of any way to get rid of that.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 04:57 PM

I thought the MV pipes and the ECU (RG3 or not dont know) were supposed to smooth out the power surge...

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 05:07 PM

Well I fiited a PC after with custom map after the dyno run. Best days work on the GF4 S. Now its much smoother a low revs.

'' Oggi Corriamo''
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 05:53 PM
The Dude

Quote:

Are you talking about throttle 'first on', like the 0-5% range? I understand PC isn't meant to deal with that, though when I got it on my brutale it felt a bit better with that (though still a bit 'snatchy'). still scares me a bit.... but overall i'm happy with it on there.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Wink throttle response

yes the first bit of throttle movement tends to feel like a flat spot almost like traction control ! but also what happens if you remove the lambdor sensor and plug the hole ? has anyone tried that ? if not then i might in the next few days. ??
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Established Member

Hi I took the cat off my 312 and left the original cans it improves the 'flatspot' slightly. I have checked the the fuel curve and its rich my dyno man said a PC wouldnt make much difference. I spoke to chris at X-bikes he said he can virtually remove the flatspot he didnt say how but he has lots of experiance with PC's on MV's it may be worth a call.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTP MV
Hi I took the cat off my 312 and left the original cans it improves the 'flatspot' slightly. I have checked the the fuel curve and its rich my dyno man said a PC wouldnt make much difference. I spoke to chris at X-bikes he said he can virtually remove the flatspot he didnt say how but he has lots of experiance with PC's on MV's it may be worth a call.
hmmm did your dyno guy say the PC wouldn't remove the flat spot or wouldn't remove the richness?

if it's not removing the richness then i honeslty question his reasoning.

to be fair tagging usernames to people i've spoken to on the phone gets a bit hard but i can pretty much iron out that whole off throttle hesitiation now. it's still there but nowhere near as bad as it can be.

gonna work on this whole O2 sensor crap as well and chuck that in the nearest bin just like every other O2 sensor fitted to std bikes

i'll make a few calls tommorrow and post back when i have an answer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode