Suspension settings ??? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Suspension settings ???

Hi everyone does anyone have some supension settings for an 312r. I am having problems when braking into bends once the brakes are applied I really struggle to make the bike turn until I let the brakes off. All the setting are in the factory position. I know your not meant to brake and turn but its how ive ridden for years on and off track. I'm just not good at suspension settings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 04:28 PM

Suspension settings are all individual and based on many things but especially the rider's weight. The settings that work for me probably wouldn't be the same for you because of body type. I'd recommend making changes one or two at a time until things start feeling good for you and then go from there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 05:22 PM

This like will take you to the factory suspension chart for the F4S model. Maybe try the soft setting as a base line and then go from there:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...ght=suspension

RobP also has a good tread regarding suspension set up:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...3&page=2&pp=10
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:57 PM
MV1

One of the American motor cycle mags had a pretty good set up mentioned in one or two of their write-up's that I've been running myself for awhile on my 1000S. I would have to look up the particulars again, but they were based on what they found to work well during prep sessions for one of their shoot-outs and it seems to fit me and my style of riding fairly well. I know for certain both the pre load and compression settings come too stiff from the factory for most.
PK / MV1
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTP MV
Hi everyone does anyone have some supension settings for an 312r. I am having problems when braking into bends once the brakes are applied I really struggle to make the bike turn until I let the brakes off. All the setting are in the factory position. I know your not meant to brake and turn but its how ive ridden for years on and off track. I'm just not good at suspension settings
If you are having trouble with turn in on the brakes, you might want to check your geometry.

Please note, this bike is very hard to trail brake with comfortably in my personal opinion.

My forks on the S model are pretty stiff, what I did was crank up the rebound damping on the front forks till about 3-4 clicks out from full stiff. I am a heavier rider at 220lbs so I actually made my front forks stiffer (Compression damping) but maybe you want to soften up your compression damping a bit because the setup out of the crate is pretty stiff for anyone under 190lbs. But definitely try 2 or 3 clicks of rebound damping in the forks first before you do anything else. My $0.02

If that fails, maybe drop the forks in the clamps 1 line.

**edit** I just re-read my post and it may sound confusing.

Try this.

Start from the factory settings.
Set your sag!!!
Soften compression in the forks 2 clicks. (Left X2)
Stiffen the rebound damping in the forks 2 clicks. (Right X2)

See if this feels a little bit better. If it does then you're on the right track. Make sure you are using most of your suspension travel under hard braking. Use a zip tie to gauge it. if you aren't, you may need to soften it (Compression) up a bit more.

If it's still hard to turn in, raise the forks in the clamps 1 line.

2005 MV F4-1000S

Last edited by Turbo329; 11-10-2007 at 08:28 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode