Tamburini Questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
lee

Tamburini Questions

I am going to look at a Tamburini tomorrow and if it is as claimed will buy it.
According to the owner it has two flaws. 1st is the sidestand has touched the fairing and left a "small" mark. According to him if he lets it swing up on it's own vs raising it gently it strikes the fairing. Common issue? The fix?
2nd is what he refers to as a small line on the fairing below the headlight as though the light has rubbed off the paint or MV din't get the paint in the opening far enough. Claims it's common amongst F4's. True? Solution?

Lastly what is the preferred method for tie down in a trailer? I have never even seen an F4 and have no idea about strap placement etc. It's a good trailer with tie down rings in the floor and a front wheel chock. I do NOT wish to hit a rest stop and see this thing laying on it's side in there.

Thanks for any info.

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 08:36 AM
bob
Established Member

New Site Garage
My F4 750 Also Has Marks Where The Side Stand Bangs Against The Fairing. Only When You Push The Side Stand Up . It Doesent Bang Otherwise .

Sorry About The Trailer , Have Never Put My Mv On A Trailer Amd Hope I Never Get Old Enough That I Cant Ride It And Have To Trailer It .

B0B
RIDE IT OR IT RUSTS
RSA
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
lee

Bob,

I am old. Too damned old to be mucking about with bikes of this type anyway. The bike is 500 miles from me and it ain't exactly summer out there. Hence the trailer.

Lee
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 08:55 AM

either tie it down with straps (soft ties) through the lower fork clamp (only if tie downs are relatively close to centerline of bike....

or
if tieing down from up high, like the clip ons....use
http://www.cyclecynch.com/CCpages/CCproduct.html

I like it much better than a canyondancer type, as it does not pull your grips out of whack......I have been using mine for severla trips and it works great with no bike damage.

BTW......its tied down via the front end when its shipped in the crate.

A gun is not a weapon. It's a tool, like a butcher's knife, or a harpoon, or an alligator.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 08:56 AM

Both the issues you mention are common to the F4. I just noticed my paint was worn on my fairing from my headlight a few days ago.

As for trailering, you will need a set of Canyon Dancer-type handlebar straps and 2 tie-downs for the front end. If you want to 4 point harness it (recommended), use a soft-tie to either the subframe where it meets the frame or there is a hole in the frameplate (at the top of it) that I have used to loop through before. I use some small hand towels and pad the area to be strapped so I don't leave rub-marks from the tie-downs.
Are you using a Baxley wheel chock (or similar brand) that holds the bike upright once wheeled into it? If so, you won't need to strap the front end too tightly..... watch the fronk fork compression ....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Established Member

+1 on the cyclecynch recommendation. I've used it several times while trailering sport bikes and works great.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 10:45 AM

lee, the headlight problem....There are a lot of threads on here about people hearing a buzzing noise at about 4-5k. this buzzing noise is the headlight 'just' touching the fairing, it vibrates against it, makes the noise and rubs the paint off. its fixable. just loosen the nose cone, move it around a bit and tighten it up. it worked for me.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:18 AM

Lee,

Buy the bike. Use it. Ignore a few dings here and there. Anyone that uses their bikes will get a ding here or there. I got that stuff; so what. I got others; so what. My bike still looks GREAT, and no one even notices minor imperfections, and who cares if they do.

The sidestand ding is helped by some clear tape. The nose fairing on ALL tams fit incorrectly, as the CF mold was not done perfectly and mediocre quality control in Italy let it get through. Put a thin piece of red tape on the fairing at that point and forget about it.

Ride the friggin beast and be happy. I have done some stuff to my bike a bit and I'd be happy to discuss. HID light, signal minder, a quick shifter, brembo mastercylinder and matching clutch thingamabob, CC rearsets.

You will NOT be unhappy with your purchase.

Peter
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
lee

Peter,

It's not that I mind a few imperfections but rather that for the cost of this thing I'd like to keep them at a minimum. Also being totally unfamiliar with MV's I'm trying to get an education. And yes I intend to ride it. That's what it's for. Right?

Lee
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 03:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Lee the things you mention are common, if the fairings are not located properly. It takes a few minutes to loosen and jiggle into place. I found the worst for this was when picking up from a service, they have some kid put it back together and have no idea.

As for trailer, I take mine to the track all the time. Get some trailbike soft tie downs that can go around the grips, then a set of ratchets that can go on the rear seat sub frame, and have them going forward.

Oh did I say you are a lucky bugger and I hate you!

MVA Sydney

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode