312R Fueling - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

312R Fueling

Ok, here's the deal....312r.....not really concerned about extracting more power just better music. I have a set of rg3's to go on. Can I just place these on, and leave the cat in?......will the ecu compensate? I think it should, but I called Ferraci and they said no....
they said I needed the race ecu and new 312 header that has no cat /eliminates O2 sensor, plus the software to sync it all up. I dont know if they are just trying to sell more stuff or what....on top of that, it was some chick telling me all this (not being bias, but well you know what im saying).

I was thinking about just putting on the RG3s then dyno to check the air fuel ratios to make sure im not hurting anything....but how long does the ecu take to diagnose and adjust itself. Ideally I was going to dyno stock, note the ratios, then swap pipes and dyno again.

or should i just bite the bullet and buy all that extra crap.

anyone have any input on this?

A gun is not a weapon. It's a tool, like a butcher's knife, or a harpoon, or an alligator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:21 AM

I'm sure you can just fit the RG3's and go with it without a problem, although also decating the beast in the process would be better

Julian (JSM ) just extracted the cat (kept the stock heathers), fitted the RG3's and even left the lamda sensor in and says he has no problem whatsoever with his 312R fueling
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
i think that they've (feracci) had a few calls about this topic.... so that could explain the girls knowledge of the topic

Did you give her my number?
I don't think that feracci is trying to sell you loads of crap/parts to make money.... I think he wants to make sure it is done right, the best way, with no shortcuts.... I was going to buy the take-off race bikes lower fork bottoms and brake set up, but he wouldn't sell them to me alone, he wanted to do the install himself/in house to make sure it was done correctly, thus, I'd have to send my whole front end up there. Also the same has been said about my bike having problems (electrical/fueling/???) he wanted me to send the whole bike up to be worked on... I'll have to rob a few banks before I can do so...but I have a plan that when/if I send it, I'll get the brake set up too while it's there.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:20 AM

this is an easy one. Rg3's sound better, no cat even better, old Rg3's with some packing blown out...even BETTER! don't be put off it it's docile at idle, the sound goes up with RPM. as far as tuning, try it straight, if it's not right try gutting out cat, if that works, you've spent nothing. if you don't like the fueling you can always get the new header/etc.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:01 PM

Most modern systems only run on closed loop 'Lambda' in the smaller throttle openings/lower rpm's, so the ecu will adjust in these area's, I'm not so sure it will run properly in the higher rpms with larger throttle openings, guess one way to see would be to get the bike dynoed with an air/fuel trace with RG3's and standard ecu

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Established Member

I wondered about the fueling also so I bought the race ECU before I did any mods then went to the dyno stock and did some runs, fuel curve is rich as standard then did a run with race ecu on the stock bike and it was very rich I decatted it using arrow headers and went back, a bit more noise, a bit more power, less heat, fuel curve still rich at the top the lambda has been connected all the time.
I am modifing some standard cans at the moment for a bit more noise and maybe a bit more power will dyno again when this is done. Dyno guy says ECU is waste of money and the money would be better spent on a power commander trying to lean the fuel curve off and gain a bit of midrange.
Race ECU is still in its packaging.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Established Member

Very interesting, OPT MV.
But I thought that there wasn't a PowerCommander available yet for the 312.
But even if there is one, doesn't the 312 run on closed loop system?
I assume that one would have to take the lambda sensor out, or the PC would be useless as the ECU will automatically compensate the PC adjustments.
Maybe it would work that way.

Am I correct or am I just talking rubbish?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Established Member

You are not talking rubbish what you need is an O2 eliminator which I believe is the part they dont make yet. The race ECU does switch off the Lambda off and uses a much richer map. The closed loop section is only to 4000rpm after that the lamda has no effect so the pc would be able to adjust the fueling higher up the rev band. i think what i have said is accurate but i have not had mine done yet so i cannot speak from experience .
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Banned

Awesome Thread!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 05:11 PM

I ran for a while with RG3s, everything else stock. Now I've got the RG3 ECU to go with the mufflers, but everything else is still stock. I have not run it on a dyno with an exhaust gas analyzer connected, so cannot say how far off the mixture is. It seems to run well enough either way, although on the hot side. It did that box stock though, so take that for what it's worth.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode