Winter Project - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Smile Winter Project

Those who have read my posts here for the last couple of years will know I've always been a fan of the traditional Red/Silver colour scheme on F4 models and I still am, but being an (amateur) buyer and seller of MV parts, I've found myself with several matt black pieces and it's been a long held ambition to have a completely matt black F4 a la SPR whilst perhaps not a SPR replica.

Thus at the moment I've got a black cupola and seat unit together with a black screen and black alcantara seat and hump (thanks again Peter!). I've got a set of fairing panels to paint and I've just acquired a fuel tank (thanks Barry). I'm not sure whether to go for a matt black airbox or get a C/F one, but one item or should I say pair of items I'm still after are mirrors. I've got a LH one in red I could get sprayed matt black, has anyone got an undamaged RH one they would part with?

I'll post up some pictures of the project when complete (hopefully around Christmas time).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 06:40 AM
Banned

John

what about "before" & after pics

many thanks for the front nose cone too (Cupola), as mentioned in my PM, well packed up and delivered no problem
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
OK Roy here's a fpic with how the bike looks at the mo.

I'm waiting until I get all the required 'bit's before getting them sprayed black but as mentioned above I only really need an airbox and a pair of mirrors to get the ball rolling now.
Attached Images

Keep one wheel down!

Last edited by john; 11-03-2007 at 08:41 AM.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 11:41 AM
The Machinist

I can't wait to see that thing finished! I love flat black!
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 07:00 PM

The matt black looks great John...you can always put it back to red/silver when you're feeling nostalgic.

We had a Nero in the local for a while (pictured below) which was back in the shop recently (out the back) so I asked if what it was in for and they said it had just been resprayed and about to go back on the market...

apparently the guy that purchased it did so with company funds that was meant to be for a car and was driving his own car for work and using the bike as his own and he going alright as he had gotten away with it for nearly a year until he crashed it and there needed to be an insurance claim made which was in the company name where it was bought to the attention of someone in a different dept...this guy is nowhere to be found and the company I heard now has a new policy on vehicle purchases.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 02:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockethouse
apparently the guy that purchased it did so with company funds that was meant to be for a car and was driving his own car for work and using the bike as his own and he going alright as he had gotten away with it for nearly a year until he crashed it and there needed to be an insurance claim made which was in the company name where it was bought to the attention of someone in a different dept...this guy is nowhere to be found and the company I heard now has a new policy on vehicle purchases.
lol,

I love his style and a year of free running on it

the bike looks stunning though, stunning

god I cant get passed this page now, keep going back to look at the bike

one question: whats the story with cleaning/polishing the Matt Black

Last edited by F41NXS; 11-04-2007 at 02:09 AM.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 03:26 AM

New Site Garage
John, good luck on the matt black job. I love the SPR look, so keep us posted with pics and all!

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Smile

Nice picture Simon, that's more or less what I'm trying to achieve with mine.

Keep one wheel down!

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:50 AM

I like the fact that on the Matte black F4, the biposto looks almost as good as the monoposto (The color of the seat is a really close match to the color of the bike). Good Luck with the project John!

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
I've just been down to the painter with the parts, it should be about Christmas time when I get them all back. Just need an airbox and a couple of mirrors still , but may go the C/F route for these. I've decided against an SPR clone so the side panels will just have the MV Agusta and the Valvole radiali decals more in keeping with a Nero, in fact I might have Nero stickers on the mirror backs but I don't want it to look too OTT.

Keep one wheel down!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode