First Post - Wanted To Ask A Few Questions ;) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Serpent
First Post - Wanted To Ask A Few Questions ;)

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at getting an MV F4 750 sometime next year, and have started doing my research.

Here are a few of the things I have picked up on (please correct me if i'm wrong):

* The 750 is available in a standard F4 (single seat), F4S (single seat) and a biposto (1+ 1 seat)
* The engine received a major upgrade in 2003+ models?
* In 2003, the F4 range's wheel colour changed from gun metal (black) to silver?

Ok.. so now a few questions..

* What years was the F4S available, and how is it different to the standard F4?
* If you have a single seat version, can you buy a 1 + 1 kit and swap rear ends? Or are you stuck with the single?

Ok.. that should be enough to get us started
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 03:55 AM
Smile

Firstly, Hello mate and welcome to the site. Second, check out the following courtesy of JamesC, one of the senior members here. That should answer most of your queries. Hope you get your dream bike soon!

http://www.mvfaq.blogspot.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
wow!
a wealth of knowledge there, cheers JamesC
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Established Member

Hi serpent, welcome! The MVfaq page is great and also here is a page detailing most of the past models with pictures:

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagu...dels_past.html

With a bit of digging on the web you can also get FULL workshop manuals for the bike and the engine, which is very, very useful, so if I can remember where I got them from I will post the link - can anyone else help me out here?

I have seen 1+1 subframes, tail units and pillion footrests on ebay from time to time and just right now I can't think of any reason why it would be impossible to convert - people do it the other way round for track use, don't they.

One other thing, magazine articles I've read claim that there is a noticeable power hike on the evo models. You won't be disappointed. good luck! I love it when people have been bitten by the MV bug!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 12:01 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard! This is the best place on the net (or off) to learn about these bikes. A wealth of knowledge and people willing to share it.

CAG
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 12:19 PM
The Machinist

Welcome! As far as I know the SPR was the most advanced 750 MV made as far as performance?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 12:23 PM

Welcome

I believe that every non special edition 750 has the "S" designation. S means "Strada"

Last edited by d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b; 11-03-2007 at 12:29 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 12:28 PM

Also, the "S" model was available in both 1 seater and 2 seater versions. So like I said, all regular production 750s were "S" (There were changes from year to year). The most "advanced" regular production bike was the Evo3 (F4 750 S Evo3) http://mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/F4-750S.html . The "best" limited edition 750 was the SPR (Special production racing aka Super pasta rocket ) or the SR, which shared the same engine. http://mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/F4-750SPR.html

Hope this helps.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 PM

I don't think there ever was an "F4". The first was the the "F4 Oro" limited edition (very costly) in 1997 and that was followed by the "F4S" and "F4S 1+1" (two-seater version of the "F4S" in 1999.

Si
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Serpent
Thanks a bunch guys.. that's a great help. The F4 750 S Evo3 looks like the one I want.. but i'll read up some more. Thanks again everyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode