Stalling and Timing chain Tension recall - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Stalling and Timing chain Tension recall

Hye guys I know there have been some other threads concerning the R4 R's (and maybe some of the others) stalling with the clutch in and throttle closed. I haven't had too many problems with that in the past, but I recently had the timing chain tensioner recall done and now my bike stalls all the time, i have to keep the throttle cracked at every stop!

I read most of the other threads and one stated that the engine shutting off at idle has something to do with the timing chain, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I will say that my bike will idle while stopped and not riding fine, once i engage the clutch coming to a stop and throttle down it dies.

Anyone know what is going on ? I am taking my bike back to the shop to have them look at it, but I am not very optimistic after reading about other guys going back 5-6 times and not having the problem fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 06:46 PM
MV1

Hey Recon how much milage is on your bike now?
I really don't think the timing chain tensioner would have anything to do with your current problem. It's more likely that something else got disturbed , moved and or changed while they were working on your bike recently.
Have them go through everything and give the throttle cable, bodies etc the once over first.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

It didn't seem like that could be the issue to me either, but I did see a post where someone was saying that they found the stalling problem (they being a head MV mech, that spoke only italian?) and said that it was something with the timing chain. oh well they are going to go thru the bike next week so I will let you guys know.

Anyone else that has had the stalling problem ever get the problem rectified?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode