MV Agusta Forum banner

MV's Upcoming New Models

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  dearpixel 
#1 ·
Early next month at the Milan show, MV will introduce 2 new models. First a 675 supersport triple (ala Triumph) and a 500cc single cylinder sport bike.

#11 ·
more interesting poll would be what's most important about these new bikes.

performance
looks/style
engineering/fit/finish
price

bet i know the answer to that one. :stickpoke: i really think people want to see the next visual creation from Tamburini. sure, wouldn't want to be dusted by the daytona, but face it...looks sell MV's.

#13 ·
Okay, pardon my ignorance but the purpose of a single cylinder engine would be for a dirt bike or supermotard? And would it be a 2 stroke?

I'm just not sure what's the appeal of a single aside from some collector wanting a single, twin, triple, four, six (Gold Wing), and eight (Boss Hoss). :) Some call Volvo -we need a five to make a complete set.

#19 · (Edited)
Randarosa said:
Didn't Honda make a V5?

I BELIEVE you are talking about Honda's former GP bike, the RC211V, which was 990cc. It was a V-configuration, with two cylinders in one bank and three on the other.

Their current GP bike is the RC212V, also a V-configuration and is 800cc. This displacement decrease was due to the rule changes, obviously.

Don't quote me on that, though!

Tim

#22 ·
Broms said:
agreed, otherwise I would rather have a Triumph.
Cant wait for Pier's or anyone else's photos of Milan. Triumph's triples are well ahead of the game, so MV has to rock big time -- in an exclusive kind of way.

Me mate who rides a 750 brutale, rode a daytona triple to thailand this weekend (2000 km round trip). He should be back today and I bet he'll say the daytona was ace, as it probably was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.