Should I sell my SPR and get a 312? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Should I sell my SPR and get a 312?

Hey guys,

Well 've been contemplating a second bike for a while as I want a pillion seat to take my wife out for the odd ride every now and then - with a 999 as a contender. She asked me this morning though "Why don't you just get a new MV with a pillion seat".
So what are people's thoughts? Should I?

Is there anyone out there that wants to buy an ACT registered SPR for about $31k Aus? Great condition (as you'd expect), RG3, 15,000km, full service history, carbon hugger.

Troz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:53 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troz
Hey guys,

Well 've been contemplating a second bike for a while as I want a pillion seat to take my wife out for the odd ride every now and then - with a 999 as a contender. She asked me this morning though "Why don't you just get a new MV with a pillion seat".
So what are people's thoughts? Should I?

Is there anyone out there that wants to buy an ACT registered SPR for about $31k Aus? Great condition (as you'd expect), RG3, 15,000km, full service history, carbon hugger.

Troz
Man, you have a wonderful wife!

So the 312 1+1 looks the go Troz

If you get after market pipes, you'll never get your wife off the thing!

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:53 AM

Hmmm.... if the only reason to get another bike is to take your wife with you.
Keep the SPR and just get a biposto subframe and tail.

But you just may want to get a spanking new 312R, of course
If you do i'd say trade in your SPR and save yourself the trouble of selling it.
Anyway.... i would wait to see what comes up from the Milan show next November before i make any move.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
Hmmm.... if the only reason to get another bike is to take your wife with you.
Keep the SPR and just get a biposto subframe and tail.

But you just may want to get a spanking new 312R, of course
If you do i'd say trade in your SPR and save yourself the trouble of selling it.
Anyway.... i would wait to see what comes up from the Milan show next November before i make any move.
Yeahˇ. Next Milan Motorbike show will come a new MV triple. Could be a good chance for you. But anyway, if you buy a 312 you will be happy and your wife a nigthmare.

My F4R is monoposte, and my wife go in her car. That´s the best solution.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 AM

My vote is wait for the Milan show and trade for an MV 1000.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 07:25 AM
bob
Established Member

New Site Garage
Your Wife Is An Angel , Just Like Mine. But 'unfortunatly Mv Only Make A Single Seat , Like Ours ' My Wife Believes This. I And My Buddy Go On The Bikes And Enjoy The Ride And The Ladies Take A Car With The Luggage. All I Need Is A Credit Card For Petrol. You Ride As Fast As You Feel Happy. Stop For Abathroom Break At Any Convinient Tree .you Can Go Back And Rerun A Set Of Turns ,without Having To Explain To The Passenger.

The Ladies Go By Car . Stop For Shopping, Bathrooms, Coffee And Meet Us At The Destination.
This Makes For A Happy Marriage ........... And Im Not Even Charging For The Advise .

B0B
RIDE IT OR IT RUSTS
RSA
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 10:51 AM

Unless your wife is under five feet tall, expect she'll be rather uncomfortable with the high passenger pegs. The small, hard seat might be problematic as well. Have her try sitting on the back of one and see what she says then.

My old 748 biposto had a larger seat, but I still had more than one passenger decline a second ride.

2008 MV Agusta F4 312 R
2002 Ducati ST4S
1998 Ducati 748
1994 Ducati 900SS
1980 Yamaha TZ250G
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Big Randaddy

I don't want to sound sacreligious, but why not keep the SPR, and buy a sensible two up bike that you both can enjoy riding.

Riding two up on any MV is sort of like putting perfume on a pig. You can do it, but the pig's not going to like it.

Riding two up, you're not going to want to ride as agressively, and you won't be comfortable as well. There's a zillion choices at every price point, from full luxury (Gold Wing) to sport touring (K1200GT or Kawasaki Concours) that your wife will enjoy.

After you trade up from the SPR to a 312R, you're going to spend somewhere near the same money as a second bike anyway (maybe used), yes? Comments?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 AM
The Dude

I agree with Randarosa. I can't think of a worse 2-up bike. I don't even like 2-up on the brutale that much. sure, you get from A to B, but it's not really fun. for either person.

also, i'd keep the SPR just because, well, it's a frickin' SPR!

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 02:47 PM

I would suggest taking a test ride on a 1000 with your wife on the back and make sure she will like it. Me being a lover of 750's, would hate to trade my 750 for a 1000 for better 2 up riding (which makes perfect sense by the way and I would ABSOLUTELY trade my 750 for a 1000 if I knew my woman would always be up for a motorcycle ride) and then later find out that she hates riding on it. That would be the biggest tragedy. Make sure shes gonna love it is all Im saying cuz if shes not then keep the SPR. That SPR is the best of all the F4's except for maybe a Veltro. You know women. They think they know what they want and then... BAM!!! New day, new deal.

Last edited by F4R312; 10-22-2007 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode