VIN / Chassis number - build date - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

VIN / Chassis number - build date

Does anyone know how to determine what the manufacturing date of a F4 via the VIN number?

Mine just states the year of manufacture on my registration renewal and not the month?

I need to give them both month and year so I can renew my registration.

Thanks.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 05:56 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I know the 10th digit of the vin is the year. Not sure about the month.

CAG
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 07:15 AM

It's been posted here before and after a quick look I couldn't find it but it's in the manual.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The month is not part of the VIN. Digits after the year marker (10th digit or letter) are the production sequence number (actual "serial" number). Only the manufacturer knows what month the vehicle was produced based on production records. This info is occasionally provided to importers in transfer documents, but not always.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 03:54 AM

Hi Guy's I am new to this forum, After a long time dreaming bought a 2007 new F4. I had some suspicions about the true build date as there is a sticker under the seat with Nov 2006 and a lot number(?). My 10th digit is a seven, so it should be alright then.
Regards
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
A quick note on manufacturing of motorcycles, and cars and other stuff....much of the production of a given year will be done in the prior year. Hence the availability of 2010 models now.

So if you find a production sticker saying Nov 2006 on your 2007 model, that would make sense.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 11:37 AM

The sticker on the seat probably refers to the date the seat base was made, this is often moulded into plastic parts. It would probably have been made by an outside contractor, so by the time it gets to MV and makes it on to the production line it could well have been 07.

My 07 Brutale 910R has moulded in dates on the bottom of both half of the seat, the front part was made in March 04 and the rear half was June 04 but there is no way the bike was made back then. The parts will just have been ordered in bulk and then sat in the stores at MV until it was time to make them up and put them on a bike.

Last edited by macman; 09-19-2009 at 11:51 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 10:37 PM

Thank you! esqme and Macman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode