312 decat - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

312 decat

I had my 312 on the dyno today in stock form just to see what it does stock. once it was warmed up and strapped down it ended up with 161bhp at the rear wheel with a fuel curve that was good low down and a little rich at the top end. I didnt get a print out as it was a base line before I decat it and play with race ECU and pc if req.
I had the race ECU with me and just for curiosity I plugged it just to what happens. When my eyes had stopped streaming from the excess fuel it was throwing out I looked at the graph. It had lost 1hp but curve was almost identical. The fuel curve was as my eyes had predicted very rich with 2 large lean areas low down.
I took the bike home and fitted the Arrow header and mid pipe which was easy enough. The mid pipe does not meet the mounting correctly but fits OK. I put the std ECU back on and went for a quick ride.
It feels much more urgent on acceleration, with a little more noise. The air temp was only about 10c so it may be that it ran cooler and quicker because of that.
Will get it back on dyno to see the difference as soon as I get time.
I still have the orginal tailpipes on. It sounds good on the dyno at full chat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Established Member

it's quite interesting how consistant things are bike to bike on the MV, mine and others on the forum started at 161/2, with the cat removed and PC we have got it to 167. The hiccup at 5000rpm is still there but not so bad that I cant live with it.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 01:18 AM

Hi OTP.I have remove the cat myself and there were i feelable power increase and a Rg 3 put on with out a PC 3 and gues what when we done the feuling on a broadband meter the feuling results on the stock ECU was good all the way from 1500 to 13000 rpm.after this we fitted the PC 3 and it was only used to smooth the feuling curve with marginal adustments. So what i want to say is the following as i have said before on a other tread :Remove the cat bud keep the lamda sensor and it will be ok
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

312 decat road test

Hi everybody
Went out for a roadtest of the decat. So with full leathers on this time I warmed it up and went for a proper ride. I have to say Im shocked at the diference its made, the induction roar through 4-5k is almost missing because it revs so much faster than before. The low down urgency is much better and on my test route there is a set of bumps which my R1 wheelies off when making progress, the MV didnt but it sure does now and with some violence too!. Cant wait to get it to the dyno and see the difference. Now Im thinking if I should replace the tailpipes. The noise from the standard pipes is now noticable louder when on the move. Engine temp stayed low below 82 but the ambient temp was only 11c. What a difference.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTP MV
I had my 312 ...

I took the bike home and fitted the Arrow header and mid pipe which was easy enough. The mid pipe does not meet the mounting correctly but fits OK. I put the std ECU back on ... I still have the orginal tailpipes on.
I may be missing something. I've just got reply from Motovation stating that Arrow headers and midpipe they have do not fit 312.

Here is the reply;
Quote:
The midpipe does eliminate the cat on the 2007 and early MV Agustas. The 2008 312 has the cat integrated with the headers and has the O2 sensor which the older MVs do not have. So for the time being there are no midpipes available for your bike. Arrow and the other manufacturers are working on this solution and as soon as we have some news we will be sure to email you.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

Roland Lee
What's the scoop?

'08 312
'15 K1300S Motorsport

Last edited by Ruhi; 10-23-2007 at 06:29 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 06:31 PM

You would have to get the headers and midpipe - and not just the mid pipe alone. Also need to get the correct headers that have the lambda sensor bung built in.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:35 AM

Thanks for the reply. I did know that removing the CAT requires to change all the way from the headers since it is one piece. I have highlighted the part in the response to emphasize the issue I am referring to; there is no midpipe available for 312! If not available, it doesn't matter what else you need to get to be able to install it. As it is in my question, I have asked for the headers and midpipe together knowing that it is one piece in 312.
khosakul and khosakul like this.

'08 312
'15 K1300S Motorsport
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 07:47 AM

The arrows header/mid pipe kits shown on Emoto and redracingparts.it seem to show the mid pipe with the lambda sensor plug. Perhaps you can email them to confirm. I am waiting for Moto Corse to build a ti version with the lamdba sensor port - end of the year they said.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
my Arrow exhaust has the sensor bung for it, and I got one of the first sets from Arrow/Emoto available for the US.... had the exhaust since march 07
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

The arrow headers and mid pipe I bought from Emoto has the lambda sensor mount in the mid pipe there is second fixing point on the mid pipe but it is not used on the 312 if check the emoto website they list a 312 decat kit which appears to be the arrow kit. Lambda sensor screws straight in to the mid pipe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode