I think I found the Best deal for the Mid Pipe - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

I think I found the Best deal for the Mid Pipe

I just bought a mid pipe for $329 shipped to US from a guy i Las Vegas who does alot of biz w/ Arrow (also in Vegas) unforunatly he only can get the SS mid pipe and not the RG3 but it is a good start. Proitalia wanted 499 +tax
Here is the website:

http://www.gearitalia.com/product.asp?ID=1076&C=10&S=14

he was selling for 369 but he beat another price and decided to lower his price. So I told him I would post his info for doing it. Good luck.

'07 MVA F4 Senna #220
'06 Suzuki SV650 Naked Blue (track)
'05 Ducati 999S (Red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 PM

Nice! I would go for it if I was not so hung up on the Motocorse Ti pipes!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Don't piss away your money that you don't have...

It's a bike not a piece of real estate. Some of the people on this post have alot of money and they don't piss it away. Do some basic things first then when you have investment and cah to burn on the extras it will make feel better. If you are strapped and stressed out while ridding this bike you will not be focused. Yeah the TI pipes are sexy but to buy them just for that reason when it sound like you have other priorities seems foolish. Just a little advice for what ever it is worth. I always wanted a Senna and could have afforded to buy one cash new but I waited until the right deal came along and I struck fast. $20,600 on ebay (yeah I am the guy who took the chance on the zero feedback seller a few weeks ago). The mid pipe will suffice until you have the dough. Listen to some of these guys who have had their bikes for almost two years who are telling you not to buy the pipes. This is how we go into debt and never get out. It's the americn way. Go buy a piece of real estate or an investment and then buy the bike or pipes of your dreams. I bought a brand new 999s with 3 miles from a local dealer for 14,700. Why because it was in inventory too long and the 1098's were just coming out and all the posers hade to have the latest greatest. I will wait until some guy who buy's one and put's only a few hundred miles on it and has to sell it because he can't make the rent or does not know what he/she was getting into. Will you be that guy??????

'07 MVA F4 Senna #220
'06 Suzuki SV650 Naked Blue (track)
'05 Ducati 999S (Red)
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 11:34 AM

interesting observation, and good advice...whether he asked for it or not.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 12:14 PM

Yeah good advice. I agree I just dont know how or why he decided to give it. But thanks though!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Established Member

interesting observation - OK
good advice - No Way
Waiting for the "Best Deal"...and meanwhile?
If u can afford it - go for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM
MV1

Yeah I don't know about all that other stuff, but if you want to save a few (like $500 US) bucks you can simply have your stock midpipe (stainless and beatiful) cut, gutted and rewelded for about $50 bucks. I had my welder (not even an engineer) do it for me recently and if he knows what he's doing with stainless steel (which my guy did) it comes out perfect and run sweat. $500.00 minus 50.00 = a $450.00 dollar cost saving, plus a cleaner more original looking bike.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV1
Yeah I don't know about all that other stuff, but if you want to save a few (like $500 US) bucks you can simply have your stock midpipe (stainless and beatiful) cut, gutted and rewelded for about $50 bucks. I had my welder (not even an engineer) do it for me recently and if he knows what he's doing with stainless steel (which my guy did) it comes out perfect and run sweat. $500.00 minus 50.00 = a $450.00 dollar cost saving, plus a cleaner more original looking bike.
I have done this method on my cars in the past, then when i had the money bought a real off road exhaust. when i just gut my cats it gave me better sound, but really no power gains, when I put the correct pipes in they added about 8hp on the dyno, the proper pipe will flow alot better, and on the bike of course you see the pipe, so it will look cleaner.

that being said i got my arrow mid here https://www.motovationusa.com/mvstor...idCategory=120
for 329, and you can buy the whole header with mid for just over 700
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 03:03 PM
MV1

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by odogg88
I have done this method on my cars in the past, then when i had the money bought a real off road exhaust. when i just gut my cats it gave me better sound, but really no power gains, when I put the correct pipes in they added about 8hp on the dyno, the proper pipe will flow alot better, and on the bike of course you see the pipe, so it will look cleaner.

that being said i got my arrow mid here https://www.motovationusa.com/mvstor...idCategory=120
for 329, and you can buy the whole header with mid for just over 700
Yeah I am an old car guy myself, but I don't think that this type of mod translates in the same way. The shape of the car style OEM cat's can vary greatly by manufacture and are usually not the most complimentry in terms of shape and design. In contrast the MV item (other then it's core of course) is actualy very well made and has a good overall shape and design- with good flow properties to boot. This is exactly why I felt that it was worth doing in the first place, but don't worry I'm sure someone will be interested in your system.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Established Member

check out Red Racinghttp://www.redracingparts.com/en/english.htm

251.8E shipped to the US- that is about $353 at the current exchange rate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode