MV okay for me? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Mabuhay
Lightbulb new here.

helo MV people. m new here. sorry but off topic. i decided to buy F4 b4 d end of 2007. ds wud be my first superbike. i owned 8 honda - 100cc to 155cc (full race modified - street hehehe - dats illegal sorry). sold 6 & own new 2 nw. history n knowing MV - bak 4 years ago wn i ws on my way to grad skul, dat bike stop beside me - cagiva raptor . i searched it on the web & found it w/ MV & Husky. maharlika is my other username but i might not use it anymore bcoz i 4gt d password .

MY QUESTION:
is it ok 4 a newby like me to own a hyper-sportbike w/o any experience riding any superbikes? tnx 4 ur help.

PS. never know where to contact dealer near to me. m living hr n d philippines. plan to buy (1) F4 for myself & (1) 2008 Brutale 600/750 (if its available) for my GF (getting merid december). tnx alot. more power & God bles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:02 AM

Welcome to the forum...Your question really depends on your skill level and how sensible you are...that is a big jump to the MV from what you have been on. I would suggest before you purchase the MV you get some time on a smaller sportsbike like a 600 which is still very fast compared to what you have been riding.

It's not out of the question for you to go straight to the MV if you believe you have the skills but you would need to take things very slowly for some time if you were to go down this path....same goes for the 600.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:10 AM

I see no problem purchasing an MV. But as Rockethouse has stated, whats your skill level. How long have you been riding etc. Always, always, always respect the power you are sitting on. And PLEASE remember this, better to eat humble pie than hospital food! Get to know the bike. Take it nice and easy and build a relationship with your machine. These are VERY fast motorcycles, be mindful of that!

'' Oggi Corriamo''
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

tnx rockethouse. nicensleazy, im only 29 nw but i ride for almost 14 yirs on moped but full race modified for street race (dont call a police, please!!! & my parents ddnt knw dat). tnx for all of ur advices. ur all nice.but my passion to MV esp. to F4CC & SPR, wow! amazing bikes! maybe i'll take time riding this bike if i hv one soon. i rode also Yamaha 2006 R6 for a week (borrowed my cousins bike wen his off the country - korea for business trips). weyt! is there someone know how many F4CC's are available? or is SOLD OUT? tnx
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

sorry, i 4gt to write on my first post that i rode R6. maybe m nt interested on R6.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:41 AM

There are plenty of F4CC's still available (at US$120,000 I think they will be available for some time to come) but I would buy the Ducati Desmosedici any day of the week over the F4CC...and you would still have enough money left over to buy yourself an MV F4 312R
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockethouse
There are plenty of F4CC's still available (at US$120,000 I think they will be available for some time to come) but I would buy the Ducati Desmosedici any day of the week over the F4CC...and you would still have enough money left over to buy yourself an MV F4 312R
+1, but with the £40,000 pounds that would still be in my pocket from buying the Desmocedici I would buy a year old RS4 or maybe a brand new 3.2 TT AND a 312R..

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 07:55 AM

Welcome.....
Please note Forum Rules Section 62.5.2 New members are limited to 1 (one) Smilie per post. Additional Smilie priviliges will be granted in the amount of one for every 250 posts.

YOU SIR have broken the rules. 5 extra Smilies @ 25$ per = $125. I do take paypal.

A gun is not a weapon. It's a tool, like a butcher's knife, or a harpoon, or an alligator.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 08:01 AM

The F4CC is no big deal. I would take the Desmo any day over that. But my 2 cents go for the F4 of your dream, but really as someone already aptly put it...to eat the humble pie is better than eating hospital food provided you have the capability still to eat the food.

Respect the power...on any 1000cc bike. And you will stay alive. Heck a 600 cc tbh is way more powerful than I can handle. But you have been riding much longer than I have so I am sure you will be a good rider. Good luck with whatever you go with. Welcome to one of the best forums out there.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

tnx sir suryard. yes i believe this is the best forum iv visited. bak 2 the F4, wen i first saw pix of SENNA on the web, my GF says " that would be the one!" so she read to me ayrton senna's biography. and she added, " take it bcos it has a good purpose not for u alone but to help that foundation. AND DONT buy that CC (we saw $70,000 by 3X). it cost to much. just buy the senna & get me one Brutale 600 (2008 model if produced)." now shes talking like me. i suddenly influenced here loving MV. but my lust for F4CC is there. i should pray more & God, i know will help what bike really is for me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode