falling into turns - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

falling into turns

Well i have been trying to get adjusted and love my mv but i have a small problem. I feel like the bike is trying to fall into the turns and is not neutral. What could be the cause of this. I am running the stock diablo corse tires and tire pressure is about 36psi. I have varied the tire pressure from 30 all the way to max of 38 and this does not change the feeling. Low speed and high speed turns all feel wierd. I am starting to think maybe it is just me but i don't think so. Also after the tires heat up and i am rolling at a good pace say 80 in a straight line the rear tire feels like it is kinda slidding around not planted. So does anyone have any ideas or maybe i am just imagining things.

Also this is a weird request but if anyone is around the Waldorf Md area that has an mv 750 maybe you could ride my bike and i ride yours just for a second to see if there is a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 PM
The Dude

Are you running 180/55's in the rear? They help the falling in.... if 190/50's, then they should fall less.... at least that is how my brute vs. F4 feel..... i liked the falling in so got 190/55's on the brute instead of 50's.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 PM

New Site Garage
i think i know what you're talking about. mine kinda does the same thing. i think it might be normal. you push on your peg and it just falls into the turn, right? try lowering your rear suspension and it should take a bit more effort to turn-in. i could be wrong, tho.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:42 PM

I felt the same way when I first got my bike. I just got used to it.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Ok so this is somewhat normal. This is not a comfortable feeling. I am running the 190 on the rear. I will try working on the rear suspension.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 08:59 PM

How many miles are on the tires? A rear tire that gets squared off due to heavy wear in the center will definitely make the bike feel like it wants to fall in. Have you checked the suspension sag?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to sherpa23
Every MV 750 I've ridden felt like that: mine, my friends', the demo bikes. Especially at low speed. It was pretty disconcerting at first. I remember trying to fix it but coming up short. I just got used to it.

I'll add that the 1000 doesn't feel that way, for some reason.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkasted
Well i have been trying to get adjusted and love my mv but i have a small problem. I feel like the bike is trying to fall into the turns and is not neutral. What could be the cause of this. I am running the stock diablo corse tires and tire pressure is about 36psi. I have varied the tire pressure from 30 all the way to max of 38 and this does not change the feeling. Low speed and high speed turns all feel wierd. I am starting to think maybe it is just me but i don't think so. Also after the tires heat up and i am rolling at a good pace say 80 in a straight line the rear tire feels like it is kinda slidding around not planted. So does anyone have any ideas or maybe i am just imagining things.

Also this is a weird request but if anyone is around the Waldorf Md area that has an mv 750 maybe you could ride my bike and i ride yours just for a second to see if there is a difference.
I know it may sound simple, but check the setting on your steering damper. Your issue sounds like a it may be set a bit too hard. Loosen it all the way and give it a try. If the problem goes away, tighten it two clicks at a time until you feel it again, and then go back one click.
Also, remember that these bikes are designed to take steep turns. The feeling you are experiencing may simply be the suspension "setting" into the turn. If you have not leaned a bike at speed before, this may be a little unnerving at first.
Good luck, mate.

MarcoM3
2013 MV Agusta F3 675
2012 Ducati Panigale 1199
2013 MV Agusta F4
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for all the input i will check all possibilites.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 09:58 PM

Could just be your ride height is too high, wheres your suspension at? Unless you know set your suspension to stock and do your static sag and take it from there, it's best to star from scratch and keep track of all the adjustments you make.

Also has the rake been adjusted??? I'm not sure what the settings go to and from on the 750 but this may also be something to look at.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode