I should have brought a camera - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I should have brought a camera

For anybody out for a ride today in Alberta, wow. Absolutely perfect fall weather, clear, no clouds, warm, leaves changing colors in the mountains, and almost a mediterranean quality to the light.

So I was out for a ride with a friend (Ago and 1997 Supersport 900 -- very nice example). We got out to the end of the road, and pulled over the chat, when I saw something very low in the shade in a pullout. Looked like an F40 to me, so we went over for a look. And yep, sure enough. Very nice example of an F40, first I have seen in the flesh. But here is the funny thing, and why I wished I had a camera: the owner of the F40 wasn't driving it, he had given his keys to a friend. He was driving a 1953 Sciata 208S... Holy crap. That is probably the first and last time I will ever see one. 35 made--and out of curiousity it tried to find out what the silly things go for. Couldn't find anything online, but I am sure it is a good deal more than the F40. Just unbelievably beautiful. Anyways, we chatted for a while, super nice guy. Not surprisingly, those were not the only cars in his garadge. Well, hangars, actually. But a shout out to him for letting us drool a bit, and for drooling a bit in return over the Ago.

Great day. All rides should be like that.

2005 MV Agusta F4 1000 AGO
2006 Suzuki GSXR750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 06:57 PM
ASM

Please write the following at least a thousand times:

"I will never ever forget my camera again"

Ciao, Andreas
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to sherpa23
Ha! Great story!

I know the owner you ran into. His mechanic is the same as mine here in Colorado. That particular car is pretty well sorted and very strong.

I'll post some pics from my F40 adventures for the thread - taken a few weeks ago in Monterey at Laguna Seca. It's basically the same as the car that you saw.

I will say that I get a ton more looks and compliments on the MV than in the Ferrari. People just respond to it better. I could not care less what any of these things cost. I just love them because I love the speed, engineering, and the history. I don't think that many people get that.
Attached Images

Last edited by sherpa23; 09-16-2007 at 07:23 PM.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 07:40 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpa23
Ha! Great story!

I know the owner you ran into. His mechanic is the same as mine here in Colorado. That particular car is pretty well sorted and very strong.

I'll post some pics from my F40 adventures for the thread - taken a few weeks ago in Monterey at Laguna Seca. It's basically the same as the car that you saw.

I will say that I get a ton more looks and compliments on the MV than in the Ferrari. People just respond to it better. I could not care less what any of these things cost. I just love them because I love the speed, engineering, and the history. I don't think that many people get that.
holy crap!! will you adopt me?

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Spec
holy crap!! will you adopt me?
Or how about just a general hand around the estate! I will be more than happy to make sure all the autos get driven atleast once a week! LOL

Those are some great pictures!

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 08:26 PM

and is it Siata 208S? Kinda like this one?
Attached Images

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Exactly like that one, only no numbers, and a nice deep red in color. It was easily one of the nicest cars I have ever seen... truly beautiful lines. I think he said he was the 2nd owner and that he bought it from the original owner just 2 years ago. It was stunning, and almost mint, but definitely not restored that I could see, the paint had a bit of a patina to it, for example, definitely original. The guages were interesting too, the zero was at about 1:00 or 1:30 on the speedometer, and it wrapped all the way around to 200.

2005 MV Agusta F4 1000 AGO
2006 Suzuki GSXR750

Last edited by ApparitionAGO; 09-16-2007 at 09:05 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to sherpa23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dova80
Or how about just a general hand around the estate! I will be more than happy to make sure all the autos get driven atleast once a week! LOL

Those are some great pictures!

Handling a 1000 sq. foot house isn't that hard! This probably is not what you think. Seriously, I'm just a normal guy who likes cars and motorcycles, and I make it a priority (within reason). I just have a couple of toys.

Last edited by sherpa23; 09-16-2007 at 09:57 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpa23
Handling a 1000 sq. foot house isn't that hard! This probably is not what you think. Seriously, I'm just a normal guy who likes cars and motorcycles, and I make it a priority (within reason). I just have a couple of toys.

Brother, you live in Colorado, have an MV, and an F40? To me you are doing a little more than alright.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApparitionAGO
Exactly like that one, only no numbers, and a nice deep red in color. It was easily one of the nicest cars I have ever seen... truly beautiful lines. I think he said he was the 2nd owner and that he bought it from the original owner just 2 years ago. It was stunning, and almost mint, but definitely not restored that I could see, the paint had a bit of a patina to it, for example, definitely original. The guages were interesting too, the zero was at about 1:00 or 1:30 on the speedometer, and it wrapped all the way around to 200.

Thats interesting! do you not have a camera on your phone?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode