1000R Cat - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

1000R Cat

Is there much of a power gain when the catalytic converter is removed from the 1000R?

Thanks

bc

Mv Agusta F4 1000 Senna 043/300

Ducati 996 SPS 1500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:16 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by beancounter
Is there much of a power gain when the catalytic converter is removed from the 1000R?

Thanks

bc
More HP,I'm not sure how much.Maybe 5hp
BUT the main thing is,members are saying the bike runs cooler.
Thats enough for me bc...You'll need to tune the bike as taking the CAT off will change the running of your bike to a degree. Airfuel will give you some good advice.

07 F41000R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

09 Blazing orange Speedtriple
07 CBR 600RR trackbike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ozboy; 09-10-2007 at 04:19 AM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:19 AM

Quote:

Thanks

bc
I would say not much, maybe a couple of hp at most, many people may claim more but it is probably due to having a PC or new chip and set up at the same time.

The biggest or major gain is the removal of the heat source from your right ankle area. and also a reduction in under seat heat

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozboy
More HP,I'm not sure how much.Maybe 5hp
BUT the main thing is,members are saying the bike runs cooler.
Thats enough for me bc...You'll need to tune the bike as taking the CAT off will change the running of your bike to a degree. Airfuel will give you some good advice.
That'll be a nice bonus, although I can't say I'm having any problems in that department thus far (courtesy of the lack of a British summer this year).

Primary reason is to fix the 5000 rpm fuelling, I hope.

bc

Ducati 996 SPS 1500
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
That'll be a nice bonus, although I can't say I'm having any problems in that department thus far (courtesy of the lack of a British summer this year).

Primary reason is to fix the 5000 rpm fuelling, I hope.

bc
I hate to dissapoint you but it won't do much for the 5K fuelling issue, I have been down exactly the same path as you here, you can improve it slightly but the only cure seems to be the purchase of the 'RG3' or 'race' ecu.

The 5K thing is ignition timing related and not fuelling, there appears to be no other way other than the ecu to correct the 5K flat spot.

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
I hate to dissapoint you but it won't do much for the 5K fuelling issue, I have been down exactly the same path as you here, you can improve it slightly but the only cure seems to be the purchase of the 'RG3' or 'race' ecu.

The 5K thing is ignition timing related and not fuelling, there appears to be no other way other than the ecu to correct the 5K flat spot.
Ok I'm really really disappointed now.

I hope you're happy mikef4uk! *sob*

Just kidding, I'll give it a shot anyway. The dealer says it helps, if it doesn't - we'll be having words.

Cheers.

bc

Ducati 996 SPS 1500
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Ok I'm really really disappointed now.

I hope you're happy mikef4uk! *sob*

Just kidding, I'll give it a shot anyway. The dealer says it helps, if it doesn't - we'll be having words.

Cheers.

bc
It does help, but its still there, probably improves it by 50% maybe, I have the Rg3 exhaust, cat bypass, and pc111 fitted, only real cure is the Rg3 ecu

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
It does help, but its still there, probably improves it by 50% maybe, I have the Rg3 exhaust, cat bypass, and pc111 fitted, only real cure is the Rg3 ecu
50% may be enough mate. I'm just going to do the usual things in order until I feel I can live with it. TBH I don't see why I should have to shell out lots more cash to get this bike to fuel right, but than again I'm sure that's what everyone thinks. I would have expected a £20k bike to fuel right out of the box but c'est la M-vie (just my little joke there).

Thanks.

bc

Ducati 996 SPS 1500
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Established Member

I just bought a cat-free midpipe from Ferracci. Before I install it, anyone have any warranty issues so far with their dealers not covering problems and using the catalyst mod as the reason? Also, I was told that no fueling adjustments were necessary. Just hook it up and I'm good to go. Not true?

Thanks!

MotoMan
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing
I just bought a cat-free midpipe from Ferracci. Before I install it, anyone have any warranty issues so far with their dealers not covering problems and using the catalyst mod as the reason? Also, I was told that no fueling adjustments were necessary. Just hook it up and I'm good to go. Not true?

Thanks!
My dealer is doing the mod so I'm not expecting any warranty issues. I don't believe he's going to be making any fuelling changes - it's just cat pipe out, cat-free pipe in - so yes, you'll be good to go (as far as I know. Which isn't very far, I'm new to this MV thing...)

bc

Ducati 996 SPS 1500

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode